The Leigh Academy is now hiring for the role of Exam Invigilators who will join our wider established Exams Team working with us throughout the academic year. The ideal candidates will be well organised, flexible, reliable and have experience of supervising pupils. Whilst experience is preferred, full training will be provided for the successful candidates. Whilst the role is ad-hoc, hours will be agreed with the successful candidates in advance and there will be an opportunity to work regularly during the academy's usual examination periods.
What we expect from you: The main purpose of this role is to supervise examinations and to ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions. Typical duties include the following;
- To ensure a calm environment to give the candidates the best possible exam experience.
- To set up the examination rooms as determined by the Data and Examinations Manager.
- To be aware of any needs that candidates may have during an examination.
- To ensure that no inappropriate/not allowed items are brought into an examination room.
- To ensure that candidates follow regulations of an exam room and to be vigilant at all times.
- Ensure all candidates are aware of the information and of any notice that may affect them.
- To ensure all candidates are seated according to the seating plan provided.
- To ensure all candidates receive appropriate exam question papers and answer papers.
- To record attendance on the appropriate attendance register.
- To ensure that there is no talking or disruption for the candidates once an exam has begun.
- To ensure answer scripts are collected, sorted into candidate number order and supervised as required, passing them safely to the Data and Examinations Manager for despatch.
- To maintain security and confidentiality at all times.
- To highlight any concerns or issues to the Data and Examinations Manager.
- To assist in other activities as may reasonably be requested by from time to time.
Working with us at The Leigh Academy: The Leigh Academy is a secondary school at the heart of the community and our small school model ensures that each and every student gets the personal support and challenge they need to reach their full potential. Overall the academy is a dynamic and exciting place to work and the fantastic leadership team are committed to making it a great place to work for staff at all stages of their career. Our award winning building and facilities are modern, light and airy and the open learning terraces and classrooms built around a daylit wintergarden give the academy a unique and special character.
The purpose built academy has the most up-to-date, technologically advanced facilities available. It is divided into four Colleges each containing 400 students aged 11-18 taught by their own staff. Our dedicated and energetic staff make a real difference to the lives of our students. We believe that these smaller schools within the Academy develop deeper relationships and lay stronger foundations for learning which underpin outstanding achievement.
The principles that have taken us on our exciting journey remain: namely, a passion for learning; a commitment to trying new ways to inspire and motivate young minds; and a dedication to helping each student fulfil their potential by encouraging them to explore all that life has to offer. Everyone who visits us is impressed by our students, the working atmosphere, the sheer sense of enjoyment in the learning process and the strong focus on achievement.
Working with Leigh Academies Trust: As of September 2019, our Trust is comprised of 25 geographically organised academies (11 secondaries, 13 primaries and 1 special) educating over 15,000 students, and employing over 2,500 talented staff. We also have three further academies in development phase, due to open bet+ween September 2020-2021. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training providers and a large teaching school.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
We strive to offer a range of benefits that all employees can take advantage of which we regularly review and add to - click here to view what you’d receive as a member of staff with Leigh Academies Trust.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
All roles within the Trust are subject to an Enhanced DBS check in addition to other pre-employment checks.