Sheffield Park Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
We are seeking to appoint new Exam Invigilators to join our current team at Sheffield Park Academy. Applicants will need to be flexible around working hours to support during the busy examination periods at the school. In particular, applicants will ideally need to be available for examinations taking place in January, March, May/June and November/December.
Main duties will include:
- To work with the Data & Exams Manager to ensure the successful operation of the examinations process in school.
- To be familiar with the guidance for invigilators and instructions provided for conduct of the examination in line with the relevant Examination Board.
- To supervise the admission of candidates into the examination room and to help them find their allocated seats quietly and efficiently.
- To distribute question papers, answer booklets and associated materials at the beginning of the examination and to collect them at the end.
- To supervise candidates in a quiet and unobtrusive manner to ensure that the regulations on conduct, communication etc. are strictly observed.
- To provide candidates with additional paper and/or equipment as necessary and in accordance with examination board regulations.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Excellent employee benefits which include an excellent pension scheme.
What we would like from you;
- To be a team player.
- To be resilient in following the academy behaviour policy.
- A fundamental belief in the power of education to enable pupils to achieve anything they set their minds to.
Please see the Job Description for further information. No previous experience necessary as full training provided, however previous experience of working in schools or exam invigilation would be desirable.
Please apply online by clicking on the following link https://www.sheffieldpark-academy.org/working-for-us/current-vacancies
Closing Date: Monday 30 March 2020
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.