Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is a mixed Academy for 1,300 students aged 11-18. The Academy has three consecutive outstanding judgments by Ofsted, with the most recent inspection in 2014 finding the Academy to be outstanding in every aspect. This thriving Academy also has a large sixth form with over 300 students. It is one of the most oversubscribed comprehensive schools in the country and in the top 5% for performance.
Interview Date 12/12/2016
Closing Date 08/12/2016
Ref No 1842
A position has become available for an Examinations Officer based at Harris City Academy Crystal Palace, with responsibility for administering the examinations process both internally and externally for the Academy and Sixth Form Federation.
The working hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30am, 42 weeks per year. These extra weeks must be completed during the last three weeks of August and the second week of the October half term. You may be required to attend the Academy once at midnight for release of exam results.
What we are looking for:
- Competency with Word, Outlook, Excel and other MS software. Knowledge of databases would be considered an advantage but training for this will be provided.
- Experience of working within a similar role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for a full job description and person specification.
Why work for Harris City Academy Crystal Palace?
- The opportunity to play a key role in encouraging high achievement from our students
- Graded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted and the most oversubscribed comprehensive school in the country, in the top 5% for performance
- Support for all members of the academy community to achieve their absolute potential - our motto is 'All Can Achieve'
- First class development opportunities in a vibrant learning community
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
The Academy is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 41 primary and secondary Academies. This enables us to offer you excellent training opportunities to support your career development. As a Teaching School, we are able to offer all teachers an extensive programme of first class professional development and a vibrant learning community giving all the opportunities to excel. In addition to our own programmes, our professional learning is closely aligned with the Federation and we are able to offer a full range of development including Masters and NPQH.
For any questions about the role please contact Tracey Harrison, PA to the Principal, on email@example.com or by phone on 020 8771 2261.
Closing date for applications: 4pm – Thursday 8th December 2016. Interviews will take place on Monday 12th December 2016.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.