We are looking for a hard-working and dedicated candidate to join our outstanding school as an Examinations Officer
About Kensington Aldridge Academy
KAA is an 11 – 18 academy situated in the heart of Notting Hill. We opened in brand new buildings in 2014 with just Year 7 and have grown year by year and are now a full school with 1,250 students in Years 7 to 13.
KAA has grown to become one of the top academies in the UK. DfE performance tables show we are in the top 5% of schools nationally in terms of KS5 Progress. Our Ofsted report grades us outstanding in all categories and describes standards as “exceptional”. In 2018 we were awarded TES Secondary School of the Year.
• Coordinate and administer the examination entry process; liaising with staff, students and exam boards to effectively resolve any queries and problems.
• Select, train, deploy and manage invigilators and approve timesheets documenting evidence to ensure invigilators met approved legal regulations.
• Liaise with subject leaders, leadership and support staff to ensure efficient management of the exam system.
• Be responsible for the secure storage of exam papers and related paperwork.
• Ensure smooth, effective and efficient administration of the examination period, results days and certificate presentation evenings.
• Ensure the effective communication of all deadlines and key dates in the examination calendar to staff, students and parents.
• Operate SIMS Exams Organiser and ensure security and confidentiality of exam papers at all times.
• Organise Special Access Arrangements in liaison with the SENCO, ensuring all guidelines are followed.
• Liaise with exam boards and associated external bodies ensuring that all regulations and guidelines are followed.
• Process requests for Post Results Services and exam resits in an accurate and timely manner to ensure all deadlines are met and costs recovered where appropriate.
• Provide detailed external exam entry processing and amendment information to allow the checking of all invoices and recharging of costs to departments where appropriate.
• Analyse external examination data and present in various formats to school leadership team as requested ensuring examinations results data and analysis is produced and made available on Exam Results Days.
• Provide additional examinations results analysis to school leadership as requested.
• Manage the examinations postal process in a cost effective way and set up Royal Mail or equivalent collection for coursework prior to the examinations period taking personal responsibility for the collection and sending of mail to examiners and collation and safe storage of proof of purchase receipts.
• Effectively communicate with the Sixth Form department to ensure clear mutual understanding of the examination postal process together with agreement of any shared general office tasks where they arise.
• To assist in the management of SIMS mark-sheets alongside the Data Manager to ensure the accurate recording and analysis of all examination and internal data.
• Liaise with the head teacher and finance director to agree the annual budget for examinations expenditure.
• 180 school days, 10 training days (not 5 as you find in most schools) & 5 planning days per year, which include the opportunity for teachers to work from home.
• Two week half term in October.
• Professional development that is of a national standard. In Ofsted’s words: “Staff morale is exceptionally high. Staff enjoy working at the school and benefit from high-quality training. Teachers new to the profession feel very well supported in settling into the school quickly and developing their practice.”
• Free weekly staff wellbeing activities; yoga, circuits, staff choir and art classes etc.
• Discounted membership of the brand new Kensington Leisure Centre.
Download the full candidate pack for more information about this position and the academy.
Please send completed applications to Payal Joshi at email@example.com by 9am on Monday 20th May 2019.
Early applications are encouraged and in the event that the academy is able to fill the vacancy before the deadline, it reserves the right to close the vacancy and won’t review further applications.