Term time only plus two weeks (40 Weeks)
Grade 5 (£22,021 - £24,799) pro rata
Start: 1st September 2019 or as soon as possible
Deadline: Monday 22nd July 2019 at 12pm (Midday)
Interviews: as soon as possible after closing date
About Loreto High School
• Part of the international family of Loreto schools and colleges and as such benefits from a 400 year old tradition and links with Loreto Sixth Form College and with Loreto schools both in the UK and worldwide. “The vision and values of the Gospel and the Loreto community of schools act as a living reference point for the whole community.” Section 48 Inspection
• Loreto High School is a ‘Good School’ (Ofsted January 2019) at an exciting point in its school improvement journey “Leaders have the ambition and demonstrable capacity to further enhance the good quality of education which the school currently provides.” Ofsted 2019.
• A small, friendly, inclusive, cohesive school where we get to know our students well, find out what they are good at and develop their talents “… a welcoming, caring and passionate school that really does know every child.” Ofsted 2019 Parent View
• “School leaders and other staff pride themselves on the good relationships that they build and care that they have with pupils.” Ofsted 2019
• Visitors tell us our students are calm and well-mannered and that our Catholic ethos is powerfully transmitted; “Inspectors were impressed by pupils’ positive interactions with one another and adults.” Ofsted 2019
• We will support and develop you to become an outstanding practitioner. We are an aspirational, reflective and creative learning community where all adults are learners who strive rigorously for excellence in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students.
• To work with Senior Leaders to prepare and arrange public examinations, pre-public examinations and Big Test Weeks in accordance with the school calendar.
• To manage and maintain the examination entry process for all qualifications, academic and vocational, taking account of external and internal deadlines and including online examinations.
• To manage the administration any non-examination assessments required for the qualifications delivered, ensuring that the correct documentation is completed and assessments dispatched and/or shared with awarding bodies as required.
• To download external examination results into SIMs on results day and manage all aspects of post-results services.
• To manage the school’s cover diary, accounting for all planned future absences.
If you possess the necessary skills and experience, we invite you to submit an application. Your application should explain fully your suitability for the role as detailed in the job description and tailored to meet the Person Specification in terms of your knowledge, experience, skills, qualities and qualifications. An information pack and application form can be downloaded from the documents below or from the school’s website.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and all appointments are subject to two satisfactory references.