St Katherine’s School
Exams and Cover Officer
Salary £19,076 - £21,603 pa
Full time. Average 37 hours per week over 5 days. Term time plus 5 INSET and 10 additional days during the school holidays to meet the needs of the school, including GCSE and A level results days during August.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and well-organised individual to manage the administration of both external and internal examinations and organise daily cover for staff absence within the school.
This is a diverse and challenging role involving high levels of planning to ensure the accurate delivery of each exam session and make sure the school cover system runs smoothly. Specifically, you will be involved in supporting:
● The examinations process including timetables, invigilation arrangements, room preparation, exam start times and absenteeism
● Examinations activities and problem-solving associated with examinations
● The school cover system to ensure classes are covered, the cover management system is maintained and daily/emergency cover is provided
The successful candidate will also be required to undertake First Aid (appropriate training will be provided).
The successful candidate will need to be:
● highly efficient and organised with strong attention to detail
● have the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines and have a ‘can do’ attitude to problem solving
● possess good team working skills and the ability to work effectively in a busy office environment
● demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in a calm and professional manner with staff, students and parents
● confident and proficient with IT with ability to quickly and accurately record information
Working times: 7.30 am start. The hours of the post average 37 hours per week during term time. Due to the nature of the work and scheduling of exams, some weeks will be busier than others. Therefore, it is envisaged that the post holder will work flexibly during the weeks when there are no exams. This will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
St Katherine’s is a vibrant, medium sized 11 – 19 mixed comprehensive school and part of Cathedral Schools Trust. We are situated on the edge of Bristol in a beautiful rural setting. The majority of our students live in Bristol and due to the easy transport links, make a positive choice to travel out of the city each day to enjoy the wealth of opportunities that St Katherine’s has to offer. All at St Katherine’s believe that there are no limits to what a young person can achieve. Through focusing on high quality learning and teaching we work tirelessly to educate young people for academic success and life.
Further information about the school, the post and how to apply can be found on the school website
St Katherine’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to DBS Barred list and Enhanced Disclosure checks.
Closing Date: Midnight 23 June 2019
Interview date: during w/c 1 July 2019