37 hours per week, Term time only plus 5 days
If you want to be the best, then you should probably join us
Students in our academy made more progress than in any other school in London and made the best progress of any co-educational school in the country in 2014 (Best 8 score 1081.4). In addition, we have maintained our results in 2015 at a level significantly above national averages. That is great news for our students, the academy and our community, but there is so much more that we know can be achieved and you can help.
We are looking for a highly motivated, exceptional individual to take on the role of Exams/Cover Officer. You will be working with excellent staff in this exciting and challenging post. The ideal candidate will be extremely well organised, resourceful, adaptable, flexible and innovative in demanding and difficult situations. They must demonstrate professionalism, tact, and complete discretion, and have the ability to interact easily and comfortably in any environment, with strong interpersonal skills, and good oral and written communication. You must have some MIS/SIMS expertise and the ability to manage cover arrangements and examinations. Previous experience of working in a school in an exams and data role is essential.
As a school Exams/Cover Officer, your core responsibilities will be:
- Liaising with external examination and assessment authorities and the LA as required.
- Liaising with the Data Manager and Director of Achievement to ensure that exam results are imported accurately into the system.
- Liaising with students over their exam timetables.
- Managing and administering external examinations and assessments throughout the academy.
- Manage whole-school internal examinations and assessments.
- Attending internal and external meetings related to these responsibilities.
- Supporting and advising the Senior Leadership Team on examination matters as appropriate.
- Managing and monitoring invigilators.
- Co-ordinate and organise the deployment of available administrative staff on exam results day.
- Coordinating cover arrangements in the mornings and managing external supply teachers.
- Support the Data Manager with data analysis during assessment.
In addition, you will be expected to fulfil the role of Student Personal Adviser and/or mentor if required, and to contribute to the maintenance of a caring and stimulating environment for young people.
The City Academy, Hackney is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
For details about the role and how to apply please visit www.thecityacademy.org.
Please note applications must be received by Friday 13th October 2017 at 9am