Responsible to: Director of Standards
Start date: January 2018
Salary: £21,000 - £28,000 FTE (depending on experience)
Benefits Include: Flexi days off during term time, Private Health Care
Days and Hours: 35 hours per week, term time only plus one week (to include 2 days for
exam results in August)
Closing date: Monday 11th December, 9am
About the school
Compass School Southwark is a small school of around 50 staff and 350 students, which has big ambitions and is growing year on year. At Compass School we believe that “everyone in the Compass School Community will confidently reach the destination to which they aspire”. This applies to everyone, including our staff team. Our four values of aspiration, integrity, exploration and resilience are reflected in all areas of the school and our work.
The school is located on Drummond Road, Bermondsey, London, SE16 2BT. We are easily accessible with a number of train, tube and bus routes within a short walk of the school.
For further information about the school and the Trust, please go to www.compass-schools.com.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 542 6506.
Compass Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding children and all appointments will require an enhanced DBS check.
We are now looking for an Exams/Data Officer who will lead the examinations and assessment processes in our first GCSE year.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the administration, organisation and smooth running of internal and external examinations. They will ensure the integrity and security of exams is maintained to the highest standard and be responsible for the delivery and management of student data.
Ensure the administration of internal and external examinations in order to ensure entries are made properly and fully according to statutory and examination board requirements.
This will include but will not be limited to:
- Responsibility for examination entries for external exams to the examination boards for public exams: KS3, GCSE, AS and A Level.
- Ensuring that staff, students and parents are kept fully informed with regard to examination regulations, students’ timetables and producing guidelines.
- Organising arrangements with the awarding bodies for SEND candidates in conjunction with the Senior Leader of Inclusion.
- Responsible for co-ordinating the internal and external exam invigilator team to run the exams according to the agreed timescales and JCQ regulations.
- To administer the post result process when the centre is notified and undertake an analysis of examination results.
- To manage JCQ inspections and, in consultation with the Director of Standards, ensure that all policies and procedures are kept up-to-date.
Maintain the security and integrity of exam papers at all times; before, during and after the examination, including the collection of papers, scripts and controlled assessments.
External Examination Data Management
Manage the data processes and analyse relevant data in relation to external examinations in order to ensure the school has access to management information for effective decision making by:
- Ensuring that base data from the examination boards is kept up to date.
- Ensuring the examinations module in the school MIS is kept up to date, and data inputted is accurate.
- Producing data for results analysis.
Internal Data Management
Manage the data processes and analyse relevant data in relation to internal assessments by:
- Maintaining the integrity of the school’s management information.
- Oversee the accurate collation of data to enable internal and external reporting obligations to be met in timely and accurate manner.
- Printing and producing reports plus any ad hoc requests from SLT as directed by the Director of Standards.
- Producing results analysis using SISRA and other software packages
- Assist with ensuring all data stored about students is kept accurate and up to date, as well as being accessible on a variety of media.
- Resolve day to day problems with Arbor/Excel/Sisra and have the ability to deal sympathetically with colleagues who may have less advanced IT skills.
- Any other data task commensurate with the role.
To disseminate information about public exams to staff, students and their parents so they are fully informed at all times.
To deal with complaints and queries about public examinations and liaise effectively with examination boards and other external bodies.
Hours of work
It is envisaged that your hours of work will be 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. However during exam periods it is envisaged that the length of your days will change to accommodate the smooth running of the exams. There will be some flexibility to accommodate this.