We are looking for a highly organised and solutions-focused Exams Officer to be responsible for all aspects of the organisation and administration of external examinations and assist with the organisation of internal examinations. The successful candidate will have meticulous attention to detail, good IT and interpersonal skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure. Leadership skills are also important as the post holder would lead a small administrative team. The successful candidate would have a significantly reduced timetable and will report to the Senior Deputy.
GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with good facilities with a reputation for academic excellence, placing the success of each student at the centre of our mission. We have fantastic students and a hard-working and motivated staff. We understand that every student requires more than academic skills to succeed. Therefore we adhere to our Student Vision of developing adaptable lifelong learners, active citizens, effective contributors, resilient individuals, independent enquirers and creative thinkers.
We value skills based learning along with meeting the rigorous requirements of the English National Curriculum, International GCSEs and A-Levels. The school is focused on creating the best environments for our students to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning, we provide a 1:1 iPad programme and use Google Apps for Education as a learning platform. Our weekly bespoke professional development programme is tailored to individual needs and includes time for professional reflection, pedagogy and technology development and staff well-being.
The successful candidate must
- have experience of organisation and administration of external exams in a school setting (preferably I/GCSE and A-Level) and a desire to keep up to date with examination board changes
- have excellent IT skills including the use of data management software such as SIMS
- Be tactful and calm and possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- have excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- be articulate and be able to deal sensitively with a variety of situations and stakeholders
- be able to demonstrate initiative and resolve problems intuitively
- be proactive with the ability to use own initiative
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is the 31st of December 2016.
Interviews will take place in London in January 2017.
Please review the booklet: ‘Information for Applicants’ (in Attachments) prior to applying for this role.
To apply for this post please click the link below:
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).