Exams Officer - Scale 5, £20,661 - £22,658 (FTE)
Required As Soon As Possible
37 hours a week, term time + 4 weeks
The Governing body are looking to appoint an Examinations Officer who can work well as part of a small team, with excellent organisational and communication skills and an eye for detail.
This post will require some flexibility in working hours to accommodate some early starts/late finishes by prior arrangement at various points in the year, including the exam season and when entries and remarks are being processed.
The role will include:
· Providing comprehensive and efficient administrative management for internal examinations throughout the school and for external examinations in accordance with regulations laid down by awarding bodies and JCQ
· Liaising with heads of department, invigilators, teachers and students
· Issuing students with their entry slips and making any necessary corrections
· Drawing up examination timetables
· Preparing, organising and supervising these examinations in accordance with the regulations laid down by all the examination boards and JCQ
· Supplying all the necessary stationery and materials related to the smooth running of the examination system
· Dealing with certification issues
· Attending result days, distributing documentation to staff and dealing with queries, where appropriate, from students, staff and parents
· Checking all examination fees and charges from each examination board
An excellent understanding of spreadsheet and word processing applications is essential. We are looking for a professional who has a flexible approach to tasks and is resilient under pressure. We are seeking a team player, who is able to organise their workload, and who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build good relationships with both students and staff.
Previous experience is desirable but not essential, training will be provided.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a thriving college and make a contribution to the college’s continued success.
Further details and application requirements can be found in the Exams Officer job description or if you have any other questions please contact Mrs Bhandna Bagga at email@example.com Closing Date: Monday 4th December, 09:00 am.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all posts are subject to DBS checks