• Ref: 8565
• Location: Based at the Wakefield Campus, but required to work across all College sites.
• Hours: 37 hours per week
• Salary: £19,388 - £20,530 per annum
This is a fabulous opportunity to join a friendly, supportive and positive team.
The role is challenging and varied with lots of opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge. As an Exams Officer you should be confident, well organised and proactive with good IT skills and a commitment to providing excellent customer service.
As Exams Officer, you will take responsibility for the administrative procedures relating to examinations and achievement for a number of qualifications and awarding bodies.
You will be required to:
• Process examinations, awarding body registrations and qualification claims for student achievements.
• Answer and resolve queries from staff and students regarding awarding body activities, exam sessions, and results.
• Ensure that students receive any necessary information, as required by awarding bodies.
• Work with all Exams personnel and other members of staff to provide an efficient, pro-active service and excellence in delivery.
• Ensure that registrations, entries and withdrawals are completed accurately and within awarding body deadlines to avoid incurring financial penalties
We are looking for the following skills/attributes:
• 5 GCSE’s A*- C / 9 - 4 including English and Maths
• Attention to detail, and ability to follow and explain procedures
• Experience of working in a busy office environment, using Microsoft Office programmes
Previous experience of working in a College or understanding of examination body procedures would be advantageous.
Join us and we promise the support of a great team, as well as the satisfaction of contributing to learner achievements. These are just a few of our benefits:
• Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
• Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
• Discounted Metro Card Scheme
• Good Pension Scheme
• Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
• Access to employee assistance programme
• A wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 11 November 2019.
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.