Exams Team Leader
• Ref: 8564
• Location: Based at the Wakefield Campus, but required to work across all College sites.
• Hours: 37 hours per week
• Salary: £21,738 - £22,685 per annum
This is a fabulous opportunity to join a friendly, supportive and positive team. The role is challenging and varied with lots of opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge. As an Exams Team Leader, you will lead, supervise and direct the work of the Exams team, distributing job responsibilities and managing workloads.
As Exams Team Leader, you will take responsibility for the administrative procedures relating to examinations and achievement for a number of qualifications and awarding bodies.
You will be required to:
• Liaise with Curriculum staff to identify and resolve issues and to ensure compliance with any awarding organisation, funding and/or audit guidance.
• Manage the College’s exams timetable.
• Maintain a list of key exam dates and deadlines and communicate this to colleagues as appropriate.
• Ensure appropriate staff cover within the Exams Office and at other campuses and centres.
• Process qualification registrations, exam entries and withdrawals, and achievement claims, in accordance with the rules and regulations of the awarding bodies, by paper or electronic methods.
• Ensure that registrations, entries, withdrawals and claims are completed accurately and within awarding body deadlines.
What we are looking for:
As an Exams Team Leader, you should be confident, well organised and proactive with good IT skills and a commitment to providing excellent customer service. As well as holding 5 GCSES A* - C including English and Maths, you should have experience and knowledge of exams and/or awarding body procedures / exam regulations.
Join us and we promise the support of a great team, as well as the satisfaction of contributing to learner achievements. These are just a few of our benefits:
• Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
• Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
• Discounted Metro Card Scheme
• Good Pension Scheme
• Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
• Access to employee assistance programme
• A wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 11 November 2019.
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.