Bishop Vesey’s Grammar School
Lichfield Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B74 2NH
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT – TERM TIME
ONE YEAR FIXED TERM PROJECT
Senior Officer Scale SO1/SO2 points 23-28
£27,741 to £32,234 (pro rata for term time only)
Actual salary £24,255 to £28,183 per year.
We have a new and exciting key role of Executive Assistant in our dynamic and progressive outstanding academy. The successful candidate will share the aspirational ambitions of our school and work closely with the Headteacher to manage communication between the Senior Leadership Team and colleagues, ensuring all relevant stakeholders and third parties are communicated to efficiently in line with the ethos of our school. You will be joining one of the leading schools in the United Kingdom. We are regularly ranked amongst the top 50 state schools nationally.
This is a full time role during term time with an expectation to attend events outside of normal school hours at evenings and weekends, to include A’ level/GCSE results days in August.
Duties will include:
• Managing and writing frequent updates on the school website and social media (Twitter, Instagram, Linked In)
• Producing, collating, generating and editing regular magazine style updates for our alumni community and weekly/bi-termly school newsletters
• Promoting key events
• Liaising with the community and media and preparing regular press releases
• Providing executive support by undertaking various office functions.
Do you have:
• Knowledge of developing and implementing a communications strategy?
• Experience of creating professional quality materials?
• Professional or volunteer experience or an understanding of creating and publishing public-facing digital content for a website and/or social media?
• Outstanding communication and team working skills?
• Excellent copywriting skills and tone adaption for varying channels?
• Proactive, self-motivated, organised and intuitive?
• Wanting to be part of a warm, outward-looking community, which celebrates diversity and is supportive and collaborative?
• Creative, enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
• Educated to degree level?
• Able to converse at ease with parents/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English?
If so, we would encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Closing Date: Monday 17th May 2021 at 9.00 am
Interview Date: Friday 21st May 2021
Application forms and further details are available from our website at www.bvgs.co.uk. To arrange a pre-application visit please contact Michele Wallis, HR Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (0121) 250 5400.
Candidates will need to meet the requirements of the person specification. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check together with pre-placement medical check, Identity, Right to Work and reference checks.
Bishop Vesey's Grammar School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 16 years
WELCOME MESSAGE FROM THE HEADTEACHER
Thank you for your interest in Bishop Vesey's Grammar School. We trust that you will find our school to be a lively and dynamic institution, which leads all who live and work here to a new vision of their potent...