Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO and Office Manager
Reporting to: CEO
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary Package: £33,000-£35,000 per annum depending on experience.
Contract type: Initially, a two-year fixed term contract. The post is available from October 2019. COBIS has the discretion to renew/extend the contract.
The Executive Assistant to the CEO will support and provide a full and confidential administration service. As defined by the CEO, to manage day-to-day operational aspects of the COBIS Head Office. To act as an ambassador for the association, the team at COBIS Head Office and the CEO in all matters. To lead specific areas of administration relating to wider Board activities, to contribute to the overall management and efficient running of the association and the delivery of the strategic COBIS development plan.
- To fully support the CEO and provide a first class and professional PA service by providing proactive and consistent administrative support which includes tracking and reporting on designated projects and Board activities.
- To manage and be responsible for the CEO’s diary commitments. To implement an efficient bring-forward system, ensuring that the CEO is fully briefed for all meetings and events, liaising with other staff to provide the necessary paperwork, maps, schedules etc.
- To monitor the CEO’s inbox and manage emails.
- To manage day-to-day operational aspects of the COBIS Head Office. These include managing meeting room bookings and refreshments, post and petty cash, liaison with the landlord and cleaning contractors and managing stationery orders and administration relating to phone contracts.
- To filter, respond to and follow through on queries and telephone calls to the CEO and to deal with incoming post and correspond on behalf of the CEO as appropriate.
- To manage the preparation, distribution and filing of agendas, reports and associated documents for COBIS Board meetings, Committee meetings, the yearly AGM, team meetings/appraisals and any other internal and external meetings as requested by the CEO.
- At meetings as outlined in point 6, to record minutes and take notes.
- To coordinate and book overnight accommodation, refreshments and room hire when required for Board meetings, conferences and events.
- To support the CEO with HR administration including managing recruitment campaigns, staff induction, pre-employment checks, maintaining performance management paperwork, etc.
- To confidentially coordinate the complaints procedure for our member schools and to liaise with the CEO and Vice-Chairman as necessary.
- To maintain a list of outstanding and recurring action tasks, and to work to ensure that these are dealt with as necessary.
- To attend and support the COBIS Annual Conference and any other events as requested by the CEO. When required, the cost of travel expenses and overnight accommodation will be covered by COBIS.
- To plan and arrange travel, accommodation, visa requirements and comprehensive itineraries for UK and overseas business travel of the CEO, Board and other members of the COBIS team.
- To prepare expenses claims on behalf of the CEO and other Board members and to reconcile the monthly credit card statements on behalf of the CEO and Chairman.
- To support with the administration of general COBIS office correspondence and to undertake general Head Office administrative duties and tasks as required by the CEO.
- To Support the COBIS Safeguarding Officer with completing Prohibitions Checks on behalf of school staff as and when needed.
Operational Areas of Responsibility
- To liaise closely with and support other members of the COBIS team, CEO and Board in relation to marketing activities, financial administration, the management of committees and associated development strategies.
- To be the main point of contact between COBIS and its IT support provider, and to support internally with the management and effective use of ICT within the office including Skype, conference calls, shared cloud files, databases, etc.
- To support with the administration of general office correspondence and to undertake general administrative duties and tasks as required.
- To coordinate Health and Safety requirements related to the office, including being the Fire Marshal and First Aider on site (training will be provided).Relationship Management
- To maintain a working environment in which diversity is respected and responded to, and equality of opportunity is promoted.
- To respond to all enquiries politely, quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining outstanding customer service standards.
- To ensure a positive image to customers and other individuals and organisations and to promote the COBIS brand, activities and services by whatever means are appropriate and available.
These are the key tasks as currently defined. They are not listed in priority order and the post holder will be expected to take on such variations as are reasonable for this level of responsibility.
All candidates wishing to be considered for the post are required to submit the following two documents:
1. A covering letter/supporting statement (maximum of 600 words), addressed to the COBIS CEO, explaining their interest in, and suitability for the post, referring to the job description and person specification
2. CV, plus the names and contact details of two professional referees
Completed applications are to be submitted by email to:
If you have any questions about the position or the role and function of COBIS, please contact Dr Fiona Rogers, Deputy CEO, on +44 203 826 7190.
Closing Date: 25 October 2019
Interviews: Starting from 17 October
Interview Location: COBIS Head Office, 55-56 Russell Square, London WC1B 4HP