• Provide high level secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the Bursary Team.
• To establish and maintain effective communications between the DFO's Office and all other stakeholders including the Headmistress's office, academic and support staff, Governors, parents and external organisations including the Community Groups that use the site.
• To provide effective administarive support to the Governing Body, including mintute taking.
• To assist the DFO in providing an efficient and professional service to parents, staff, the Governing Body and the wider community. Key tasks
• Organising and maintaining the DFO’s diary;
• Developing good relationships with parents, Governors, students and visitors, as well as contractors and other agencies working with the School;
• Being responsible for correspondence of a confidential nature including information gathering; documentation; reports, minutes;
• Dealing with enquiries, including those of a confidential or sensitive nature and referring them to appropriate staff for follow-up;
• Being responsible for the DFO’s incoming and outgoing mail, and managing, actioning or flagging up urgent messages promptly and efficiently;
• Maintaining and organising secure filing systems to ensure confidentiality;
• Monitoring the progress of high-priority tasks to ensure that deadlines are met;
• Arranging meetings and events (in terms of schedules and logistics, such as rooming, etc.);
• Attending meetings as and when required and taking minutes where needed, this will include the majority of Governor committee meetings some of which take place in the evening and occasionally on Saturday morings. Time in lieu will be given for hours worked outside of those contracted;
The nature of this role requires the appointment holder to be involved in a wide variety of tasks reflecting the breadth of responsibilities of the DFO and the wider Bursary Team. These include, but are not restricted to, the following work areas:
There is specific work for which the EA is responsible:
• Lead on the administration of the Bristol City Council Nursery Voucher Scheme.
• Lead on the administration of the School Fees Insurance scheme.
• Lead on School transport liaison; •
Produce minutes of Bursary Department meetings.
For a full job description please see the application pack.