United Learning is a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share resources and communicate across sites, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. We reward our staff: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately the satisfaction of supporting schools in their quest to give every child the opportunity to succeed and reach their full potential.
We are looking for a highly motivated, highly experienced, strategic and customer focused individual, who is able to work with autonomy and independence to lead a number of business services across our cluster of United Learning Academies which consists of Castle View Academy, Beacon View Academy and The Victory Primary School.
The post-holder will provide overall leadership and some line management to the business support functions in each Academy; developing high performing support teams which are highly motivated and focussed on the educational outcomes and strategic vision of each Academy and Cluster. You will liaise with United Learning central services to ensure that these functions provide value added support and advice to the Cluster in a timely and professional way. You will be a member of each Academy LT, and where in place, the Cluster SLT, and contribute fully to Academy Development Plans and the 5-year strategic planning cycle across the Cluster.
You will actively promote the values of United Learning, our Framework for Excellence and the distinct culture and ethos of each Academy. You will have the highest regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of staff, children and young people.
School and Cluster based staff in the following functions:
- Human resources (including oversight of SCR)
- Office administration
- Site/facilities management
- Health and safety
- Marketing and pupil numbers
- Information Technology (including telephony)
- Governance Support (including GDPR)
Where there are Business Managers in place at school level, the day-to-day operational management will fall to that post holder who will report in to the Executive Business Manager.
- Have a suitable qualification
- Well-developed ICT skills, including in the use of Microsoft office suite, and relevant finance/accounting systems
- Experience as a member of a Senior Management Team where the contribution of wider strategy and policy-making has been essential
- Experience of schools’ education finance, HR and other aspects of education administration
- Experience leading and/or managing budgeting and reporting processes in an organisation
- Knowledge and experience of managing procurement, contracts for services etc
- A confident and forensic use of data to diagnose weaknesses that need addressing and the ability to effectively action plan to raise performance
Please apply online by clicking on the following https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1460217?cid=1567
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.