Are you an inspirational and highly organised Leader looking for your next challenge? This post represents and ideal opportunity for development of skills for Headship.
The Dove-Shell Federation is seeking to appoint an Executive Deputy Headteacher to work collaboratively with the Executive Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team and Governors to support the development of our Federation Schools.
The Federation currently comprises two single form entry primary schools; St Thomas’ Moorside CE (VA) Primary School and East Crompton St James’ CE (VA) Primary School. The postholder will work across both schools in support of the Executive Headteacher. The schools are Ofsted rated Outstanding and Good.
The ideal candidate will have strong strategic leadership and management skills, with extensive experience in leading and co-ordinating effective and innovative practice, including quality assurance and self-evaluation.
In return for your enthusiasm, integrity and skills, we offer you the opportunity to help shape our future, develop and influence provision across the Federation, be creative and have a positive and lasting impact on the lives of children.
Please note that the start date for this role is September 2018 and Deputy Headteacher pay and conditions apply. There is a requirement within the post to act up into Federative Headship in the absence of the Executive Headteacher which is reflected within the payscale.
This post provides the opportunity:
- To work with children with a thirst for learning.
- To work with supportive, talented and committed colleagues
- To develop the skills of Headship with the support of an experienced Executive Headteacher.
- To work across two contrasting primary schools.
- To work in a dynamic and energetic environment focused on delivering our vision and ethos
- To work in a school culture where learning, enquiry and dialogue are integral to leadership at all levels
- To be engaged in regular leadership coaching
- To undertake a key role in determining the best possible outcomes for our pupils.
Closing date: Thursday 10th May 2018 12 Noon
Interview Date: Thursday 17th May 2018
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant.
The application pack includes a job description and person specification. We welcome applications from suitably qualified applicants.
To apply: Please download the application pack and return your completed application form with covering letter to;
St Thomas Moorside School
Oldham OL1 4RL
Tel: 0161 624 9290
THE DOVE-SHELL FEDERATION
St Thomas’ Moorside CE (VA) Primary School,
Oldham OL1 4RL
East Crompton St James’ CE (VA) Primary School,
St James Street,
Oldham OL2 7TD