Location: Birmingham – split site - Sutton Coldfield & Hodge Hill
THE POST IS NOT OPEN TO JOB SHARE
Our current Executive Head Teacher will be retiring this summer and consequently the Governors seek to appoint an Executive Head Teacher for two primary Special Schools which are federated with one Governing Body. The schools cater for chil-dren with cognition and learning difficulties from Nursery to Year 6 with the children at Beaufort School having more severe and complex needs. Both schools are co-located, in purpose built new buildings, with mainstream primary schools with whom they enjoy very good working relationships. Langley is a Foundation School working with six mainstream primary schools within the Learning Trust for Excel-lence (LTE) with Beaufort as a formal partner school of the Trust. The successful can-didate will need to maintain our current outstanding Ofsted judgements at a time when there has been recent expansion of both schools with a major new build at Beaufort in progress.
We are looking for an Executive Head Teacher who:
- Will be an inspirational leader with a clear strategic vision for the Federation.
- Has excellent management, communication and inter-personal skills, devel-oping strong relationships with staff, children, parents, governors, LTE, our co-located schools and other stakeholders.
- Is able to motivate staff and children continuing to take the schools forward whilst maintaining outstanding provision.
- Can effectively link strategic leadership and decision making to ensure the best outcomes for our children.
- Has wide experience of special needs.
- It is likely that the successful applicant will already be a Head Teacher or a very ex-perienced Deputy Head Teacher.
We can offer the opportunity to:
- Work as the strategic lead across two outstanding special schools at an excit-ing time in the development of special education both locally and nationally.
- Lead the Federation at a time of expansion to meet the full spectrum of needs of children with cognition and learning difficulties.
- Work with enthusiastic Heads of School, their established senior leadership teams and dedicated staff.
- Bring new ideas and experiences to the school to continuously improve out-comes.
- Interact with a strong and supportive governing body.
If you think you might be the exceptional person to lead our schools in this exciting and challenging opportunity, we would like to hear from you.
Closing Date: Monday 5 March 2018, 12 noon
Application forms and an information pack are available from and returnable to
Mrs K. Parker (Clerk to the Governing Board), Langley Special School, Trinity Road, Four Oaks, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B75 6TJ or email: email@example.com
We encourage you to visit both schools pre-interview to get a better sense of the Federation. To arrange your visit, please contact:
Mrs. K. Parker (Clerk to the Governing Board) email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Employer
More about Langley Special School – www.langley.bham.sch.uk
More about Beaufort Special School – www.beaufort.bham.sch.uk
The Governing Body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and the Executive Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service. References will be sought after shortlisting prior to the interview process.