Executive Headteacher for the collaboration of two Catholic Primary schools.
Blessed Christopher Wharton Catholic Academy Trust
St Winefride’s Catholic Primary School, 29 St Paul's Avenue, Bradford, BD6 1SR
St John the Evangelist RC Primary School, 305 Beacon Road, Bradford, BD6 3DQ
Numbers on roll: 208 at St John the Evangelist, 444 at St Winefride’s
St Winefride’s and St John the Evangelist are inspirational and welcoming schools in the same Parish of Mary, Mother of God in Bradford, working for the first time together in partnership under an Executive Headteacher. We are seeking an inspirational, enthusiastic and dedicated leader who will work effectively to develop our two schools. Both schools have a long history of collaborative work as part of the 18 local primaries through the Catholic Schools Partnership Teaching Schools Alliance (CSPTSA).
We offer a tremendous opportunity for candidates to lead our two Catholic schools as part of a growing and ambitious Trust in the Diocese of Leeds. Our schools are happy, caring and encouraging environments for learning under-pinned by a strong Catholic ethos. Our children are confident and enthusiastic, and our dedicated and hardworking staff are fully committed to providing an excellent and stimulating education.
We are looking for a strong collaborative leader who can challenge, inspire, lead and motivate staff and pupils and who has the strategic vision, ambition and motivation to lead and manage our collaboration.
Our new Executive Headteacher will:
- Be an ambitious, inspirational practising Catholic, with a strong personal faith and a clear understanding of the intrinsic value of Catholic education.
- Always safeguard the needs of the young people in their care
- Be passionate in their belief that every child can and should achieve success.
- Be articulate and promote our schools’ distinctive identities with the family of schools and contribute to our growing Trust
- Have a first class understanding and empathy for children and for the two communities that the schools serve.
- Have excellent communication skills and a commitment to develop both school communities of pupils, staff, parents and governors.
- Be outward facing and promote our Trust and schools across the Diocese, in the Parishes and the school communities
- Have high expectations of themselves, pupils and staff.
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 29th June, 2018
Application packs can be downloaded from Blessed Christopher Wharton Trust website at www.christopherwhartonacademytrust.co.uk
We warmly welcome visits to both schools by interested candidates. These visits can be arranged by contacting the Chairs of Academy Councils; Caroline Handley (email@example.com) for St John the Evangelist, and Margaret Green (firstname.lastname@example.org) for St Winefride’s.
Completed applications should be returned to Sarah Bryan, Trust Administrator at email@example.com
The Blessed Christopher Wharton Catholic Academy Trust, Academy Councils and Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to Enhanced DBS Clearance check. The successful candidate will be required to sign a Catholic Education Contract. This post is subject to the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009 and as such shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a Disqualification Declaration. Any information supplied will be discussed at interview.