Due to our highly regarded Executive Headteacher retiring at the end of the academic year, the Curzon Crescent and Fawood Nursery Schools and Children’s Centres Partnership are seeking to appoint a dynamic, ambitious, inspirational and skilled leader to carry the Partnership’s successes and achievements forward.
The Partnership is a well-established Federation uniquely composed of two maintained Nursery Schools, with integrated Children’s Centres across both sites and an additionally resourced provision for children with Autism Spectrum Condition.
Both of our Nursery Schools have recently had separate Section 8 inspections and the following comments were made on each of the reports:
“The school has demonstrated strong practice and marked improvement in specific areas. This may indicate that the school has improved significantly overall. Therefore, I am recommending that the school’s next inspection be a section 5 inspection.”
(Fawood 11.9.18, Curzon 18.9.18)
We are all proud of where we are, but also excited about the next phase of our journey. Our new Executive Headteacher will lead us forward ensuring we get the recognition of ‘Outstanding’ provision that we deserve.
We are seeking to recruit an Executive Headteacher who will:
• Be a successful leader with an exemplary track record;
• Have a passion for improving learning and teaching for all, raising achievement and standards across the breadth of the Partnership;
• Have commitment and passion for all facets of the Partnership’s work including maintaining the high profile of our Children’s Centre services;
• Be knowledgeable about the impact of quality early years education on the development of young children and their families;
• Continue to drive the Partnership’s vision and strategic leadership;
• Lead with integrity, creativity and resilience with an aspirational outlook that is contagious.
We will provide:
• A well-established local profile for you to enhance to the next level;
• A highly effective and involved Governing Board who are committed to excellence;
• Senior and middle leaders with an appetite to move from Good to Outstanding;
• A vibrant community with delightful children and first class facilities.
The Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and families, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The pay range for this role is L17–21. (£66,825 - £72,221) plus up to 25% for an exceptional candidate
Due to the unique nature of the Partnership, the breadth of the post, and to fully appreciate our context, visits to our Centres are expected. Please call Jackie Ashbourne on 0208 459 6813 to arrange a visit or to request a job application pack.
Closing date for applications is noon on Tuesday 22nd January 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Friday 25th January 2019, and invited to two days of interviews and assessments, which will take place on the 6th & 7th February 2019
Day 1: Candidates will be invited to give a presentation and complete a range of practical tasks.
Day 2: Successful candidates will be invited back to undertake a formal interview.
When completing the application form please follow these guidelines:
You may choose to complete your application by hand, or electronically, but in either case, please complete all sections in black ink.
Please do not submit a CV in place of the application form.
If you choose to e-mail your application please ensure it is marked as confidential.
Please return your completed application form to:
Curzon Crescent Children’s Centre
Or by e-mail to: Jackie@curzon.brent.sch.uk
We look forward to hearing from you.