The staff, governors and children are seeking to appoint an inspirational and successful leader with the energy and vision to continue to raise standards and work with us to unlock the Federation’s enormous potential. We believe we deserve the very best.
The governors are seeking an Executive Headteacher who will:
- Lead the Federation with enthusiasm and professionalism, demonstrating excellent leadership skills that support high standards and the Federation’s vision.
- With Governors, provide the leadership and management that enables the Federation to give every pupil high quality education, and which promotes the highest possible standards of achievement and well-being.
- Secure the long-term success of the schools within the Federation by maximising potential through the skills and resources held within the schools.
- Build system-wide leadership capacity at all levels through actively developing strategic governance, staffing structures and roles and responsibilities.
- Work with governors, staff, children and parents to articulate, develop further and implement the strategic vision for the Federation and maintain the ethos and values which underpin the schools’ communities.
The children and staff would like an Executive Headteacher who is:
- A kind, respectful person.
- A person who makes our school better.
- A caring, visible person who knows us individually.
- Someone who can bring new and exciting ideas to the federation.
- Someone who is approachable and personable, and who puts the wellbeing of staff and pupils at the forefront.
- A progressive contributor to join our team to lead the schools forward.
We can offer you the opportunities to:
- Build and shape our schools into a dynamic and successful federation.
- Participate in and lead in our vibrant local partnership of schools.
- Inspire a lifelong love of learning in the children and staff .
There will be opportunities to visit the schools on Wednesday 18 September, 9:30am or 1:30pm, or Tuesday 24 September, 9:30am or 1:30pm. Our governors will be delighted to show you round our schools so that you can see them at first hand and ask any questions you may have as you consider your application.
For further information, or to arrange a visit to the schools, please contact Sarah Oxenbury, the School Business Manager: 01323 733434, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not apply for this position via the TES online application process, please follow the instructions in the advert and obtain and return a completed application from the Leadership Recruitment Team at East Sussex County Council: Leadership.Recruitment@eastsussex.gov.uk
Please note that recruitment packs for this vacancy will only be provided directly to an individual considering applying to our school for this opportunity. This school does not enter into business with recruitment agencies, or other commercial organisations, on behalf of their clients seeking employment.
Closing date: Wednesday 2nd October 2019, 12 noon.
Shortlisting: Friday 4th October 2019.
Interviews: Tuesday 15th and Wednesday 16th October 2019.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
The Roselands and Stafford Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.