Lifelong Learners – Open Minds
“What you have achieved in your school… has been outstanding. I wanted to congratulate you and your team on all the hard work which is so clearly visible around the school. You are….creating an environment within which the pupils within your care can thrive.” - Regional Director of Ofsted, 2014
Harrison Primary School is a uniquely placed teaching and learning environment within Hampshire which has been a consistently high performing school for a number of years. Due to the retirement of our current Executive Headteacher, the Governing Body are looking to recruit an inspirational leader to drive the school forward. With the combination of being an Outstanding School, leading a Teaching School Alliance and running a SCITT programme, our next Executive Headteacher will require resilience, determination self-awareness and patience to take on this challenge, but they will be supported by a fully engaged Governing body and an amazing team of professionals.
To continue to make this school a leading example of teaching and learning, our new Executive Headteacher will need to:
- Be a good communicator at all levels, engaging the whole school community to achieve
- Provide inspirational leadership, through example, creativity, clarity of vision, resilience and integrity
- Secure excellent teaching outcomes, providing a rich curriculum promoting pupils’ well-being
- Create and champion an outward facing culture, embracing and embedding proven best practice yet seeking innovation in the best interest of achieving excellence
- Be analytical in their understanding of what works for each pupil
- We have identified the following focus areas for our Executive Headteacher during the next part of our journey:
- Every pupil will achieve and make the best possible progress at our school
- Providing a highly valued and effective Teaching School Alliance and Initial Teacher Training Programme with our partner schools
- Sustaining outstanding outcomes for our learners in all key areas
- Having clarity and vision around what the school needs to do to improve and move forward
The School will offer the new leader:
- A full induction program in partnership with the Local Authority
- The support of a committed and supportive Governing Body
- An amazingly talented, motivated and passionate team of professionals
- Opportunities to further develop your already considerable, personal skill set
- A wonderful community of children who never cease to amaze
I love Harrison because…
“…it is a joyful and happy place which makes people smile and the teachers are the best.” E.B. aged 8
“…of Fish and Chip Friday.” H.B. aged 6.
"The Governing Body asked the children what they loved about the school and what our next Headteacher should be like, the linked video is their response."
Are you up to the challenge? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details and an electronic application pack, please contact Education Personnel Services by email email@example.com
Applications will need to be returned to Education Personnel Services, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Thursday 19 Jan 2017 (Noon)
Interview Date(s): Thursday 02 Feb 2017, Friday 03 Feb 2017
Harrison Primary School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.