Start date: September 2020
Contract type: Full time and Permanent
Salary group: Group 3 - £70,194 - £79,280
We are a thriving and happy school community, representing the diversity of this vibrant area of London, with a talented and committed staff and a strong family ethos. Our current Executive Headteacher is retiring at the end of the summer term after a long and successful career. Her achievements, of which we are very proud, now offers us the opportunity to build on them further and shape and deliver the vision that will drive the school forward. We are looking for an exceptional school leader who can connect with and enthuse our children and their parents and carers, creating a school community that allows every child to thrive.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a committed and practicing Catholic;
- Be committed to Catholic education where there is a strong focus on striving for excellence;
- Build on the success of the federated infants and junior schools working in partnership to create a seamless educational journey from infants and upwards;
- Demonstrate high expectations and set challenging targets for pupils to improve outcomes for all;
- Have a proven track record of raising standards in teaching and learning;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and committed to developing positive relationships with the wider community.
St Joseph’s is an inclusive school and the children and families represent the diverse, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of the local area. It plays an important role in the Catholic community where school, church, wider community, children and their families support and nurture each other. The Infants and junior schools are federated and work closely together in partnership to ensure children achieve the very best results. We are looking for an amazing leader who will embrace the community spirit of the school and continue to build on its many successes.
Closing Date: Noon Friday 22nd November 2019
Shortlisting: Tuesday 26th November 2019
Interviews: 9th and 10th December 2019
Potential applicants are expected to visit the school before submitting their application. To arrange a suitable time please contact St Joseph's at 020 7703 3455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret we are only able to contact short-listed applicants
St Joseph’s is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as qualifications and reference checks.
Original evidence of right to work within the United Kingdom will be required prior to commencement of employment i.e. National Insurance Number, Work Permits or Indefinite Leave to Remain.