A fantastic opportunity has become available to work with our outstanding Federation of 2 primary schools, due to the impending retirement of the current executive headteacher.
The Board of Governors is seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and collaborative leader, who can demonstrate their strategic skills and take the Federation forward by strengthening the Christian ethos and existing strong cohesive teams. The successful candidate will build on the Federation’s current progress and outcomes, inspiring both staff and children to work together to their greatest potential.
The schools are situated about 4 miles apart in a rural village setting with around 120 children from reception to Year 6 on the roll. The schools have a very positive culture and inclusive pastoral approach that has ‘Learn, Achieve and Believe” at its core.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:-
- Has good management, leadership and communication skills, which in turn motivate and inspire our staff.
- Will have high expectations in improving the existing wide-ranging learning opportunities for all children, providing a consistent approach across both schools.
- Has the energy, passion and commitment to improve outcomes for all our children with a genuine interest in the whole development of every child.
- Will build strong relationships with families, carers, church and the wider community who work in partnership with the school.
- Will lead the school in its mission to continue to offer an excellent education within a framework of Christian values and beliefs.
- Has a track record of achievement; demonstrating impact and improved outcomes.
- Has a strong Teaching and Learning experience of delivering improvements and embedding successful practice.
In return our School will offer you:-
- A friendly, committed and supportive Governing Board
- A school which is close to its community and inclusive, progressive and caring
- A school of happy, enthusiastic and respectful children
- A dedicated team of highly supportive staff who want to provide the very best opportunities for our children.
- A career opportunity to see the real impact of your work as a Headteacher
How to apply: Please complete the application form which can be found on the school website www.stanadrewsmaryhoward.co.uk and write a letter, maximum of two sides of A4 outlining your experience to date that is relevant to the post.
Completed applications should be signed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Gemma Jenkins, St Andrew’s C of E Primary School , Main Street, Clifton Campville, Staffs, B79 0AP. Visits to the schools are welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit, please telephone 01827 373266.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 21st March at 6pm.
Shortlisting Date: Friday 22nd March.
Interviews will take place on the Monday 1st April and Tuesday 2nd April.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a Criminal Records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formally CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.