Are you looking for an Executive Headship in a Trust which understands the importance of knowledge in the development of our students and believes that developing pedagogy is a significant part of your job? Do you want to be at the forefront of school improvement strategies which will not only benefit Malcolm Arnold Academy but, as part of your wider responsibility, you will support other schools in their journey?
Do you want to join us at an exciting time in the history of the Trust, as we make a significant step forward in our development?
If so, come and lead our team at Malcolm Arnold Academy. Your professionalism and clarity of thought will set you apart from your peers and you’ll also bring the intellectual and creative capacity to take a system-leadership role across the David Ross Education Trust.
About the role
- To lead Malcolm Arnold Academy in delivering a world class educational experience for the students we serve, inspiring staff and students in their thirst for delivering this goal.
- Strategic, operational and financial responsibility across the school.
- Strategic direction and leadership to ensure organisational and educational change necessary to achieve sustained success.
- Raise pupil attainment through high expectations for all and a commitment to the Trust's vision for education.
- Hold and articulate the school's clear Christian vision, founded on Christian values and moral purpose, focused on providing a world-class education for the pupils we serve.
- Continue to make staff feel valued and recognised that they are accountable for the success of our school.
- Translate the Trust’s vision into agreed objectives, ensuring the implementation and maintenance of school improvement plans and self-evaluation procedures.
• Working with the Trust, Board of Governors and senior team, manage all education resources within budget, actively seeking opportunities for cost-improvements and ensuring that ‘value for money’ is the core of all financial activities.
About Malcolm Arnold Academy
Malcolm Arnold Academy, Church of England School is an Ofsted rated Good school - in every category (May 2018). We welcome young people from Year 7 through to Year 13.
More of our students than ever before are now heading to some of the country’s top universities, opening up a wealth of new possibilities and helping to raise aspirations and shape characters. Strong grades, self-confidence and outstanding life experiences gained through our enrichment programme are all hallmarks of a Malcolm Arnold Academy education.
You will bring experience as a successful Headteacher/Principal in a secondary school, a good degree with QTS and a nationally recognised leadership certificate.
You will bring a visible, whole-school leadership profile, and the ability to maximise the effectiveness of a high-performing and motivated staff group. You will be experienced in leading change across a large organization and you will be fully abreast of the latest thinking around curriculum and pedagogy. You will have a clear educational philosophy which aligns with the vision above, with experience of leading a school under a similar vision. The strongest candidates will also demonstrate the potential to make a system-level contribution across the Trust.
You will show evidence of successful management of whole school improvement strategies and effective school development planning, with clear evidence of raising standards of achievement and successful experience of curriculum leadership and development.
Demonstrable successful management of monitoring and evaluation strategies of quality of teaching and learning, student outcomes, quality of provision and efficiency.
You will have evidence of promoting equality and diversity, inclusion and appropriate strategies for children with special educational needs.
The DRET vision for education
Crafting an unbeatable learning climate through our Warm:Strict philosophy, we hold unapologetically high expectations for and of the students in our care. We have clear boundaries, rules and routines because students deserve to feel safe and calm in school.
We value the acquisition of powerful knowledge as a goal in itself, as an entitlement for all children. We invest significant time and resource into ensuring that students gain a wide, broad knowledge base to enable them to become active members of their community in the future. Alongside a rigorous and challenging academic curriculum, students also experience a broad range of sport, art and musical opportunities ensuring that they have the richest experience a secondary education can give.
Our teachers are subject experts and make use of evidence-based research to ensure that they pass on their knowledge to students in the most direct and effective ways, ensuring that it is learnt, remembered and that it supports every child to achieve their fullest potential.
The David Ross Education Trust is committed to becoming one of the top-performing multi-academy trusts in the country.
What we can offer you
- Competitive remuneration package
- Access to Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent CPD opportunities and personal development - including internal and bespoke CPD and programmes such as study tours, mentorships, etc.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal and confidential discussion.
Closing date: Thursday 19th September 2019
Interviews to be held: Monday 23rd September and, if successful from day one, attend day two on Tuesday 24th September. (Please note if you are shortlisted you must be available attend interview on the above dates)
We look forward to receiving your application.
Apply now by visiting our website to complete our on-line application form and attach your CV and covering letter.
No Agencies please
Malcolm Arnold Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants