Holmewood House School is a top rated independent Preparatory School of 450 pupils just outside Tunbridge Wells, set in over 30 acres of stunning gardens and Kent countryside. Holmewood has an exciting opportunity for a full time qualified or experience gardener working within our busy Grounds team and reporting to our Head Groundsman. The role also offers the opportunity to recruit, manage and develop an apprentice gardener.
The successful applicant will be able to deliver work to a high standard, take their own initiative and bring creative ideas to further develop and enhance the gardens. They must be reliable and show a willingness to help in other areas when required. Enthusiasm, a natural friendliness with staff, parents and children and team working will also be important characteristics for this role. A driving licence is essential and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Chainsaw and spray qualifications are also desirable (PA1 & PA6).
• Planning of new projects and the development of the gardens to enhance the setting of the School.
• Maintenance of the gardens, ornamental lawns and external appearance of the school including the headmaster’s house, to a high standard with minimal supervision.
• To include; soil preparation, digging, forking, mulching, weeding, raking, watering, pruning, bed and boarder planning and planting. Seasonal tasks.
• Safe use of a wide variety of machinery, such as tractors/attachments, lawn mowers, hedge cutters, leaf blowers. Carry out routine daily maintenance checks.
• Daily clearing of roads and pathways of leaves, mud, etc to include help with gritting, salt spreading and snow clearing if necessary.
• Adhering to relevant H&S requirements and COSHH compliance, willingness to attend training.
• Other duties may include helping with parking, directing traffic during events/busy periods
Monday to Friday 7.30am – 4.30pm. One hour unpaid break for lunch and two paid half hour breaks.
5.6 weeks paid holiday per annum to include bank holidays, which must be taken during the school holidays to be agreed with the Head Groundsman.
Remuneration will be discussed at interview and will depend on the experience of the successful candidate. The salary will be in the region of £20,000 - £21,000 plus benefits; a qualifying workplace pension scheme, uniform, free on site catering, parking.
Please apply via our website, https://www.holmewoodhouse.co.uk/staff-vacancies/, and complete an application form and email to email@example.com to arrive no later than 23rd April. Applicants should include a copy of their curriculum vitae with their application if it contains additional relevant information. If you have any questions or require a hard copy application form, please contact Anita Randall on 01892 860000. The School will look to interview suitable candidates upon receipt of application, so early application is encouraged.