Kensington Primary Academy requires an experienced Early Years Educator to join our dynamic and growing team.
About the School
Kensington Primary Academy is a brand new one form entry school that opened in September 2016 with a Reception class. In September 2017 we are opening a Nursery, and will continue to grow by one class each year. The school is part of the West London Free School Academy Trust. Our schools are inclusive, with the highest academic standards; we take children from all backgrounds and give them the knowledge, skills and confidence to flourish. Our core belief is that every child is entitled to a classical liberal education, which we deliver by implementing the cutting-edge Core Knowledge Curriculum. The happiness, well-being and success of our pupils is at the centre of everything we do.
About the role
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Recent experience of teaching in the EYFS in the UK
- At least an NVQ 3 qualification
- Recent classroom-based references at an outstanding level
- To have the highest ambitions for our pupils, the school and yourself and to believe that every child can and will succeed
- To have a calm and professional manner with our pupils and positive effective behaviour management
- To be organised, flexible, collaborative and resilient, and prepared to tackle all challenges that arise
- To be energetic, creative and use initiative
- To be prepared and able to provide cover for the class teacher
- To be willing to organise and deliver extra-curricular activities after school as the school develops and grows
- To have excellent numeracy and ICT skills and demonstrate an exemplary standard of written and spoken English
We will offer you
- A unique opportunity to be a founding member of staff to help build our school
- A happy and highly professional working environment, with high expectations and standards
- A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from, and a supportive team, Head Teacher and governing body
- Continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities. Our TAs and HLTAs are expected to attend and actively participate in staff training each week and on INSET days. Career progression is encouraged. This could be the ideal role for an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for further career development in a growing organisation.
- Competitive salaries. Unlike most school support staff roles, this role is not pro-rata as the salary reflects our high expectations of our staff and our working hours (8am-4.30pm during term-time and some staff training before and after term-time)
Application deadline: 11th December 2016
Applications forms are available on our school website. They should be addressed to Russell Grant at email@example.com.
Please note that CVs alone will not be accepted.
The West London Free School Academy Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.