About the role: Oaks Primary Academy has an exciting opportunity to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and Experienced Teaching Assistant / LSA to join our highly collaborative and supportive team. Our teaching support team is pivotal to our success in the classroom and provides a great deal of support for our teachers, and this position for an LSA will strengthen the team even further with their knowledge, experience and additional support that they can provide our teaching staff with. Our successful candidate will be able to establish strong working relationships with staff and students alike, be able to work as part of a team and will be reliable and excellent communicators. A Level 3 qualification in childcare is essential for this post as well as having Key Stage 2 experience.
This is a part time role offering 32.5 hours per week, Term Time + 1 week inset (39 weeks).
Please be aware that interviews may be conducted on a rolling basis, therefore, early applications are strongly encouraged.
Our successful candidate will be;
- Enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable
- Capable of working independently and in a team
- Able to motivate and support pupils
- Able to work with individual pupils and small groups of pupils
- Able to demonstrate experience with interventions and learning support
- Candidates should have a minimum of a Level 3 NVQ or equivalent and have experience of working within a primary school
- Possess an unending desire to help all children achieve their best
- Possess a caring nature and a deep regard for children
Join our team because:
- We care - about our pupils through our human scale approach to education, our staff and their well-being and the communities that we serve, driven by our high ideals and strong moral values.
- We have boundless ambition - to achieve excellence for all and create confident young adults with high levels of resilience and integrity.
- We work together - as one team in the belief that we are greater than the sum of our parts. We foster an enterprising culture through collaboration and in close partnership with industry and other educators.
- We keep getting better - using our ‘can-do’ attitude towards continuous improvement and innovation.
Working for Oaks Primary Academy: Oaks Primary is a small academy with approximately 180 pupils on roll and an additional 20 pupils in our Nursery. We are very proud of our school and the hard work and positive attitude of all our pupils and staff. Teaching and learning areas are both safe and well maintained, providing a stimulating working environment for pupils. We are continually striving to improve our facilities in order to enrich the experiences of our pupils.
The teachers and support staff form a very strong team and work closely with the Governing Body and Leigh Academies Trust to promote high standards throughout Oaks Primary Academy. Parents provide invaluable voluntary support throughout the academy including a programme of fundraising activities throughout the year.
The academy teaches a broad and balanced curriculum which is enriched by a wide range of extra-curricular activities. It is our aim to provide a happy, safe, and caring community, where everyone is encouraged and supported to achieve their goals
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of 1st September 2021, our Trust comprises 31 geographically organised academies (15 secondaries, 14 primaries and 2 special) educating 20,000 students, and employing over 2,500 talented staff. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training organisations, a large teaching school hub and is an accredited apprenticeship provider. Click here to view our future plans in our Vision 2025 document.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
Our commitment to safeguarding: Leigh Academies Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across all academies and business units. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Our commitment to equality and diversity: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals, we all bring something unique to the role regardless of any protected characteristics which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We are committed to providing equality and fairness throughout our recruitment and employment practices and not to discriminate on any grounds.
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, Leigh Academies Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date. Applicants will be notified of this where possible. Therefore, early applications are encouraged.
Oaks is a small Academy with approximately 160 pupils on roll and an additional 21 pupils in our Nursery. We are very proud of our school and the hard work and positive attitude of all our pupils and staff. Teaching areas are both safe and well maint...