We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Year 6 teacher who believes that all children can succeed, to join our Year 6 team due to our continued expansion taking Year 6 to three form entry.
De Lucy is an over-subscribed and successful school based in Abbey Wood, in the transition from two form entry to three form entry (currently up to Year 5). We have established a supportive teaching team with each year group having a Year Group Leader to lead the day to day running of the team.
Our last Ofsted report (February 2016) confirmed that calm, warm and respectful relationships are central to the school’s culture and that leadership is positive and ambitious.
Upper Pay Scale teachers would be subject to the Senior Teacher job description.
We would welcome applications from prospective candidates who have:
- A track record of good/outstanding teaching
- High expectations
- A belief that all children can achieve success
- A commitment to continuous professional development;
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability and willingness to work collaboratively as well as use own initiative
- A commitment to working effectively with parents and the community
We can offer you:
- Collaborative working in a supportive and friendly environment
- Excellent resources to support teaching and learning
- High quality CPD linked to staff needs and improved outcomes for children
- An approachable and established leadership team
- The support and advice of a large inclusion team dedicated to meet the needs of all pupils
- A school with a wide variety of curriculum enrichment opportunities such as a purpose built cookery room and a school farm!
We encourage candidates to come and visit our inclusive and progressive school.
To request an application pack and to arrange a visit please contact Mrs A Moran School Business manager by email email@example.com
References will be requested for those shortlisted ONLY and prior to interview.
Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Closing date: 12 noon Wednesday 25th April 2018
Shortlisting: Wednesday 25th April 2018 (pm)
Interviews: Monday 30th April/Tuesday 1st May 2018
Interviews will consist of a teaching observation and a traditional interview.
De Lucy Primary School is committed to our responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children as outlined in the Working Together to Safeguard Children at Risk (SCIE Report 39).
We are committed to recruiting candidates who share the commitment to safeguarding, and therefore we apply robust recruitment and selection procedures to ensure that the people selected are right for the job, and that all candidates are appropriately screened prior to appointment.
DELUCY PRIMARY SCHOOL
London SE2 9PD
Telephone: 020 8310 5290
Headteacher: Mrs K Lodge