Scale 4, point 7 (Salary £8,140, FTE £24,279)
(Term time only: 15 hrs per week 3-6pm Monday to Friday, 39 weeks)
The transformation of King’s Cross is one of the largest, most significant urban regeneration projects in the UK. At its heart is a recently purpose built primary Academy which is a part of a unique education campus, co-located with Frank Barnes School for Deaf Children.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Extended School Service Manager for our extended school service with a professional, responsible approach who will take up post as soon as possible. You will be part of a team of up to 4 play workers and a member of the larger school community.
Our vision is that every aspect of King’s Cross Academy should be the best it can possibly be. We believe every child is entitled to the highest quality learning and play.
You will be recognised as someone who is:
• Positive and enthusiastic
• Keen to make a real impact
• Able to provide a rich, and varied activities
• Able to work in partnership with parents and carers to provide high quality and care for the children in our school
• A team player with good interpersonal skills
We can offer:
• An amazing new building in an inspirational location
• A positive, supportive and friendly team of staff and governors
• Great resources and facilities to help with learning
• Great professional development opportunities in our expanding school
• Approximately 15 hours per week during term-time only (3.00pm – 6.00pm) with possibility of more hours in the future.
• Play-leading experience a distinct advantage.
We are committed to safeguarding children and any appointment is subject to satisfactory checks and references. The position will require an Enhanced DBS check including barred list check. The post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (as amended in 2013 & 2020). This means that applicants are not required to disclose details of any youth cautions or ‘protected’ criminal convictions, adult cautions or bind-overs they may have incurred.
The Academy safeguarding policy is included with the application pack and we ask you to read this before applying for a post.
For an application pack please download this from the TES website and submit your completed Kings Cross Academy application form with a covering letter of application. Completed applications must be received by 9am on 10th December 2021.
Interviews will be held in the week following.
An extraordinary part of London is taking shape at King’s Cross. One of the UK’s largest and most successful regeneration projects is transforming King’s Cross, with all its heritage and history, into a thriving new...