Belvedere Infant & Nursery School is a large, popular and successful community school, graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted July 2016. The Senior Leaders and Governors are highly ambitious for the school’s long-term success and work together with children, staff and families to create an inclusive environment where pupils’ personal, emotional and academic needs are met and children are encouraged to maximise their limitless potential. We are a caring and supportive school who are committed to and passionate about changing life opportunities for the children in our care on our journey towards ‘Outstanding’. We aim to nurture our pupils’ individual talents and foster a growth mindset within the safe and happy environment of our school. We encourage high standards of self-discipline, behaviour and respect whilst providing a rich, broad and balanced curriculum. We embrace diversity and celebrate the varied cultures, backgrounds and ethnicities which make up and enrich our school community.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to make a real difference to the lives of children. We are seeking to appoint an individual who can uphold and promote our strong school values and ethos and that is committed to their own professional development and to maximising the positive impact that they have on pupil progress and wellbeing. We are looking for a candidate that has a good work ethic, has high expectations of themselves and others, who is able to work well as part of our team and contribute to the wider life of the school.
We can offer you:
• £2000 recruitment and retention bonus for the successful candidate if applied directly to the school;
• A caring and supportive working environment committed to ensuring a healthy work-life balance;
• Fantastic, respectful, well-behaved pupils who are motivated to learn and are at the centre of everything that we do;
• Strong structures, systems and policies which support and make expectations clear and achievable;
• Well-resourced classrooms and an amazing outdoor learning environment;
• Highly-skilled, full time class based teaching assistant, additional support from an intervention TA in each year group and whole-school learning mentor support;
• High-quality continual professional development tailored to meet individual needs; including NQT package, Improving Teacher Programme for teachers in their second/third year teaching, Outstanding Teaching Programme for teachers beyond this stage, NPQML & NPQSL for teachers wanting to develop their leadership skills, leadership buddies and the use of Lesson Recorder for self and peer evaluation and review of classroom practice;
• Good school improvement, support and networking links with local primary and secondary schools through being partners in the Bexley Educational Improvement Partnership.
Please visit the school website for further information about the school. Visits to the school are positively encouraged. Please contact Mrs. Barnett, Office Manager, on 0208 311 9092 ext. 200 for an appointment.
Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to school’s address. References will be requested for those shortlisted only and prior to interview. Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted. We reserve the right to interview on receipt of application.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DB disclosure and other employment checks. We are committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.
This post is considered to be customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The school therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the person specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.