Qualifications: Bachelor of Education or PGCE (essential); relevant Master’s (desirable)
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience in a school which delivers the National Curriculum for England (essential)
Skills: Communication with children, colleagues and parents (essential); additional skills that could contribute to school development (desirable)
We are offering an exciting opportunity to be part of a new school in Warsaw. We are looking for teachers with UK qualifications and experience to deliver the National Curriculum for England. At present we have 2 campuses that cater for Primary-aged children and have plans to expand provision to Secondary education.
Your main responsibility will be to plan and deliver the National Curriculum for England; you will also be expected to engage in additional activities, including providing one extra-curricular club per week, participating in professional development activities and communicating with parents.
We are particularly interested in teachers who could provide a specialism that would contribute to school development, such as IT or music.
As a new school, opportunities are open for teachers to develop their professional skills, interests and specialisms. We see ourselves as a professional learning community and support teachers in offering training and development to colleagues. As the school develops, we will nurture staff to take on more formal leadership opportunities.
To implement teaching and learning according to the objectives of the National Curriculum for England.
To teach and educate students to achieve their potential according to their individual needs and abilities.
- To keep documentation in accordance with school policy and Polish law.
- To nurture a culture where teachers view themselves as facilitators of learning and reflective practitioners.
- To work with Teaching and Learning Assistants to ensure the most effective use of their time.
- To ensure disciplined behaviour from pupils, using school reward and sanction systems to enforce rules and procedures.
Teaching and Learning
- To plan, prepare and deliver lessons to all pupils.
- To target teaching to the educational needs, abilities and achievement potential of individuals and groups.
- To adopt and work towards the implementation of the school development plan of the Thames British School Group and the Park Szczęśliwicki / Piaseczno campus.
- To provide one extra-curricular activity per week.
- To maintain a tidy and orderly classroom.
- To change displays every half term.
- To participate in school assemblies and celebrations of learning activities.
- To use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- To assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of the pupils.
- To provide ongoing communication of the pupil’s progress and targets to the pupils.
- To update parents on the progress of their child.
- To provide oral and written formative and summative assessment.
Wellbeing and Support
- To promote the well-being of children.
- To provide guidance and support.
- To provide pastoral care.
Professional Conduct and Communication
- To communicate, consult and cooperate with other members of staff.
- To participate in staff, group or other meetings related to the school.
- To ensure the safe custody and optimum use of equipment, including instructing and monitoring pupils in this area.
- To dress appropriately, according to the school dress code.
- To review and evaluate on one’s own teaching and learning.
- To inform the Head of School about professional development activities undertaken and courses attended.
- To participate in CPD opportunities provided by the school.
- To contribute to the professional development of newly-inducted teachers.