Fixed term until 31st August 2018, dependant on funding.
Job share would be considered.
Cidari Education and the Governing Body of St Barnabas Primary School - A Church of England Academy are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, dedicated and committed KS1/2 Class Teacher for this exciting position within the school. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to become a key player in a vibrant primary Academy at an exciting part of its school improvement journey.
St Barnabas is set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Darwen. Standards of attainment in both KS1 and KS2 are high and the pupils are well behaved and enthusiastic. The children, and the school, are very well supported by a dedicated team of governors and a busy parents’ committee. Pupils enjoy a rich, well balanced and broad curriculum.
Our mission statement is:
“Achieving great things through learning and growing together in a love-filled Christian family.”
Is this an ethos that you could be fully committed to? Then you might be just who we are looking for.
- An outstanding teacher who can demonstrate that your teaching over time is consistently good or better?
- An ambitious professional with high aspirations for the children and families with whom you work?
- A team-worker who is also able to lead the team in your areas of agreed responsibility?
- A creative and inspiring teacher with a keen focus on children’s learning, achievement and progress?
- An energetic individual with the stamina and resilience to commit to our school’s improvement plan, to raise standards and to make an impact in our rapidly improving academy?
- A deep understanding of how learning happens?
- A current knowledge of the National Curriculum combined with key progression knowledge for learning in Mathematics and Literacy, across at least 2 Key Stages?
- A range of assessment for learning techniques to accelerate pupil progress and the ability to articulate these?
- An understanding of the ways in which co-operative learning strategies and independent learning opportunities contribute to embedded learning and progress?
- The flexibility and courage to trial new learning strategies, evaluate their effectiveness and share successes with the wider team?
- Commit to creating a positive and safe learning environment for all pupils in our academy?
- Explain your responsibilities in respect of pupil safeguarding, class teaching and as a subject leader?
- Show interest and respect to all stakeholders of our academy, thereby positively promoting our Academy’s and the Cidari Trust’s values and relationships with all of our parents and partners?
- Contribute to the development of Worship and the spiritual life of the school, based upon our Christian Values?
- Show successful subject leadership skills and experience? Abilities in the area of Creative, Expressive and Visual Arts is of interest to us but other subject leadership enthusiasms and skills will be considered equally.
We are a welcoming and dedicated team at St Barnabas. Our children are happy and motivated and eager to learn. If you think you can bring fresh energy to our team and are committed to excellence in learning for all children, then please apply.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment through the Headteacher.
Application forms and supporting information are available from this page and returnable to the Lisa Burke:
Miss Lisa Burke - Business Support Officer, Cidari Education, Clayton House, Walker Park, Blackburn, BB1 2QE
Tel: 01254 958888 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are scheduled to take place on 25th May 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available by clicking here.