Southwark Park is an inclusive primary school with a fantastic team spirit. We have the highest expectations of every child and are eager to build on our ability to match or surpass national figures at KS2.
We’ve embraced change and challenge ourselves on a continual basis. We believe in being reflective practitioners who look carefully and collectively at how things could be done better. Teachers often choose to give up their own time for extracurricular activities for example our “learning to learn” project and after school clubs, this collegiate philosophy extends to the way the leadership team is actively involved in coaching for sustained professional development.
Ofsted (June 2018) Good
• A clear programme of CPD, including mentoring and coaching
• A supportive, collegiate leadership team
• A well-established school coaching and mentoring programme to support teachers’ development at all levels, including developing middle leaders.
• The opportunity to join one of our curriculum task groups, where you can gain experience of supporting and leading projects (Task groups: Health and Well Being, Languages, Maths and Curriculum)
• Good links with partnership schools allowing you to gain experience of different working environments
• A creative curriculum and wonderful opportunities for outdoor learning
• Middle leadership development opportunities
• A new building with up to date IT equipment and excellent playground facilities
• Support with assessment in light of assessment without levels
Our Nursery and Reception classes work closely together planning, moderating and sharing outdoor space.
Our Foundation Stage has its own dedicated playground with lovely natural play equipment and we have a covered area for year-round use.
Now we’re looking for equally passionate and reflective team-players to help write the next chapter in our success story. We’ll expect you to be able to demonstrate excellent classroom practice with:
• A strong grasp of national curriculum and the EYFS Curriculum
• A good understanding of child development and how children learn
• The ability to use formative and summative assessment, including a good understanding of assessment for learning strategies - effectively to ensure children make excellent progress
• Knowledge of recent developments and a desire to explore new ideas in education
• Knowledge and understanding of the effective inclusion of all children, and of the factors which support high achievement in school for all pupils
• A real commitment to get parents involved in their children’s learning
Successful applicants can rely on high levels of CPD and support from a leadership team that believes all teachers should have a voice.
To discover more and to apply, take a look at the careers section of our website, get in touch and arrange a visit.
Closing date: Monday 24th May 2021 12.00pm
Interviews: Thursday 27th May 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant.
Southwark Park Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years
At Southwark Park School we value our staff. We are looking to employ energetic, visionary and enthusiastic people who will contribute to the on-going success and development of the school.
Our staff are sociable, supportive an...