Sacriston Academy – Early Years Leader - Required for September 2018
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, passionate, inspirational and innovative Early Years Leader to join our fast moving, forward thinking school and play an important role as a member of the leadership team. This is an outstanding career opportunity for an exemplary and innovative practitioner who has aspirations to become a future senior leader. The successful candidate should have high expectations of pupil progress and achievement, a commitment to raising standards and a passion for EYFS teaching and children’s learning.
We are looking for an outstanding classroom practitioner who has:
· The ability to work collaboratively and flexibly as part of a highly skilled team and form positive relationships with children, parents, staff and other professionals
· Relevant training and experience of successful teaching and learning in Early Years
· High expectations and standards in achievement and behaviour
· A firm belief and strong commitment to inclusive education
· A clear understanding of how children are motivated and learn effectively
· A creative approach to encourage children to take ownership of their own learning
· Energy, commitment, enthusiasm and initiative
In return we can offer:
· A diverse and vibrant learning community with enthusiastic and engaging children
· A positive, caring ethos and culture
· A forward thinking school
· A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly colleagues
· A supportive and effective governing body
· High quality professional development opportunities and experiences
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment on 0191 3710777
Closing Date: Thursday 3rd May 2018
Shortlisting: Friday 4th May 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 9th May 2018
Application packs can be found on The North East Learning Trust website: www.nelt.co.uk or www.sacristonacademy.co.uk and should be returned with an accompanying letter (no longer than two sides of A4 font size 10) marked for the attention of the Headteacher, Ms Annalei Inkster, at the school address or Sarra.email@example.com
The North East Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure
The North East Learning Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
Please note that the Childcare Disqualifications Regulations 2009 apply to this position and therefore you are required to complete the “disqualification by association” declaration form. Should you be successful in your application for this post, your appointment cannot be progressed without this declaration.