EYFS Nursery Teacher (part time)
Reporting to: Head of School
Location: Ark Priory Primary Academy
Working Pattern: Part Time (Mornings only; Monday to Friday)
Start date: September 2019
Salary: AM1 £16,273.83 to AM6 £22,147.84 (Part time salary and dependent on experience)
Location: Acton, London
Nearest Tube station: Acton Town
Nearest Overground station: Acton Central
Closing Date: Monday 20th May 2019
Interview date: From Friday 24th May 2019
Ofsted: Outstanding – all areas
Visits to our school are warmly encouraged; to arrange, please call Miss Dunford on 020 3110 0717
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the further development of a new but already outstanding school and play a crucial role in children’s development at the most formative time in their life, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for a Nursery practitioner who would like to work part-time (mornings only) and contribute to our successful EYFS provision.
Looking for a new and exciting challenge?
Looking for a part time opportunity (mornings only)?
Excited by the prospect of helping to develop a new, growing school?
Opportunity to work in supportive team with many opportunities for career progression.
Ark Priory Primary Academy is a two form entry primary school that opened in September 2013. Currently it has Nursery, Reception and up to year 5 classes but is expanding each year, so will have a Year 6 in September 2019.
Ark Priory, rated “outstanding” by Ofsted in June 2015 has consistently exceeded national results in KS1 assessments. The academy’s phonics programme is a particular strength with 100% pass rates in year 1 for three years running. This is not, however, at the expense of a broad and rich curriculum: the academy is a STEM partner school for the Enthuse award and currently working towards the Artsmark for excellence in music, art and drama.
We aim to provide the best possible education and experience for our pupils.
There are plenty of opportunities for career progression. We also provide regular training and coaching, and an arena to share best practice regularly. In addition, the Ark Schools network offers a rich and varied programme of support and professional development.
Our ideal candidate will:
• be a positive role model for the pupils in their care,
• believe in the potential of every child and be committed to seeing that every child reaches that potential,
• be able to inspire learning beyond the classroom, ensuring that learning doesn’t stop once the school day ends,
• possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of the children,
• be happy to contribute to the success of this exciting new learning community.
Our core values are “courage,” “exploration,” “endeavour” and “excellence.” We take great pride in the diversity of our student body, celebrating all backgrounds and cultures. Our community is already very strong and we are fortunate to have a committed and supportive parent body.
If you are an outstanding individual who has drive and enthusiasm, and who will relish a rewarding, new opportunity please submit an application today.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Job Description: EYFS Teacher
You will be instrumental in our mission to provide every student a great education and real choices in life, regardless of their background. A passionate practitioner, you will deliver high-quality, rigorous lessons that drive achievement and inspire a love of learning that extends beyond the classroom.
• Set high expectations so that all students are inspired, motivated and challenged to reach their full potential and in doing so meet their progress and attainment targets
• Plan and deliver high quality adult directed sessions that are aligned to the Early Years Curriculum and develop a stimulating environment that promotes child initiated learning.
• Use data to inform teaching and learning, identify areas for intervention and provide feedback to students, staff and families in order to ensure progress and outcomes
• Manage behaviour effectively to create a safe, respectful and nurturing environment enabling students to focus on learning
• Work collaboratively with both school and network colleagues as a committed team member, building successful, high performing teams
• Participate actively throughout the network, by attending relevant meetings, and, as appropriate, delivering network-wide training and initiatives
• Work with colleagues, students and families to develop a strong school community
• Actively promote the safety and welfare of our children and young people
• Ensure compliance with Arks data protection rules and procedures
• Liaise with colleagues and external contacts at all levels of seniority with confidence, tact and diplomacy
• Work with Ark Central and other academies in the Ark network, to establish good practice throughout the network, offering support where required
This job description is not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to carry out any other reasonable tasks as directed by your line manager.
Person Specification: EYFS Teacher
• Qualified to teach and work in the UK / relevant EYFS qualification
• Qualified to degree level or above
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Demonstrable commitment to raising attainment of all students in a challenging classroom environment
• Experience or knowledge of early child development
• Sound knowledge of the legislation and guidelines of the EYFS
• Excellent understanding of both phase and general teaching pedagogy
• Knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum and experience of observational assessment
• Effective and systematic behaviour management
• Be or demonstrate the potential to become an outstanding teacher
• Genuine passion for and a belief in the potential of every student
• A robust awareness of keeping children safe, noticing safeguarding and welfare concerns, and you understand how and when to take appropriate action
• Deep commitment to Ark’s mission of providing an excellent education to every student, regardless of background
• Excellent interpersonal, planning and organisational skills
• Resilient, motivated and committed to achieving excellence
• Reflective and proactive in seeking feedback to constantly improve practice
• Commitment to regular and on-going professional development and training to establish outstanding classroom practice.
• Commitment to and understanding of professionalism in line with the National Teaching Standards
• Right to work in the UK
• Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all students
• Willingness to undertake training
• This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.