We are looking to appoint a qualified teacher to join our Early Years team as Phase Leader.
Harris Garrard Academy is an all-through 3–18 academy with approximately 1350 pupils on roll and joined the Harris Federation as a sponsored academy in September 2017. The academy is based in Thamesmead in a purpose built building. We are now on a journey towards “Outstanding”, led by highly experienced executive principals with proven track records of school transformation.
Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy.
You will be working in partnership with the Leadership Team to secure our academy's success and improvement, ensuring high quality education for all our pupils and improved standards of learning and achievement for all. Your main responsibilities will be:
- To work with the SLT to accelerate progress for all pupils particularly in EYFS
- To support, develop and coach teaching and learning across EYFS and lower Key Stage 1, so that the school has a consistently good or better teaching
- To lead and co-ordinate assessment across EYFS, maximising pupil and parental engagement
- To support day-to-day leadership in school
Holding QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree, you will have an record of excellent classroom practice in the EYFS, with involvement in whole-school initiatives. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels, and an outstanding passion and drive for raising standards of teaching and learning.
Please download the candidate information pack via the apply link for more information on the role and responsibilities.
Why work at Harris Garrard Academy?
- The opportunity to be involved in the transformation of a school from the very start
- A stunning working environment, in a purpose-built school designed by Norman Foster and nominated for the Stirling Prize for architecture in 2004
- A highly motivated team, led by exceptionally experienced and talented senior leaders
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, with a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
Visits are strongly encouraged and very welcome. To arrange this or for a confidential discussion, please contact Nicola Jones, PA to the Senior Executive Principal, on 0208 320 4800.
Are you an Aspiring Middle Leader?
At Harris, we have a strong culture of school improvement, and professional development is at the heart of the Federation. We can offer you the opportunity to gain your NPQML, a qualification that provides a national recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a middle leader. This programme is for teachers aspiring to take up middle leadership positions, and led by some of the most talented principals in the country who are highly experienced in improving outcomes for pupils and students. Find out more www.harristeachingschool.com
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.