EYFS Special Needs Teaching Assistant
- Based in a Special Needs School not a mainstream School
- January 2020 start date
- Long term role - Temporary Supply vacancy through Vision for Education (Monday to Friday)
- £62 - £75 (per day)
Please only apply for this role if you have relevant experience working with children or young people in a similar setting within the past few years (Vision need to be able to obtain recent references)
We are seeking a EYFS Special Needs Teaching Assistant to work within a small group of children working within continuous provision at below the level expected for their age. These children have complex special educational and medical needs, and in some cases disabilities which means they require additional adult support. Some children are pre verbal and some older children within this setting are non verbal.
We are ideally seeking a positive, reliable and dedicated member of staff with patience and a sense of fun for this EYFS Special Needs Teaching Assistant role.
This setting is well equipped, run and resourced. We expect that this is to be a long term assignment with the potential to go permanent for the right candidate if considered a success. This role is within a specialist school setting not a mainstream school.
Skills in Makaton, PECs and AAC would be required for this post unless the candidate can prove that they meet all other criteria and are likely to familiarise themselves with these communication systems rapidly (Vision offer FREE training to qualifying candidates, including Team Teach training).
It is vital that you work as an effective team member to meet the needs of the child, advance and facilitate their learning. This is a full time, 5 day EYFS Special Needs Teaching Assistant role Monday to Friday through Vision for Education.
What Vision for Education offer
- As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
Apply today via this website if you have a passion for helping young individuals who may be disadvantaged, or for more information about this role / the experience that is required, please contact our Huddersfield SEND team today at Vision for Education on 01484 642928 or email@example.com