We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic foundation stage teacher to join our team. We follow the EYFS UK Curriculum. Our FS team work together to deliver interest-led, active, meaningful learning experiences across the phase. Students in Foundation Stage at RSB are encouraged to develop their communication skills in both Arabic and English. Arabic and Islamic Studies lessons are taught by members of our bi-lingual Arabic teaching team.
The successful candidates must have experience and, ideally, training in teaching children who are learning in English as their second language. They must also be confident in tailoring learning opportunities to meet the needs of Emirati boys.
We are a highly inclusive school so an interest and experience of teaching children with special educational needs is important.
The successful candidates will have imagination, flexibility and enthusiasm and will join a team of teachers and support staff working in a well-resourced and purpose-built primary section. They will be expected to contribute to our varied extra-curricular programme which includes creative, academic and sporting activities.
• First language English speaker
• BEd, QTS or BA in education for early years
• Excellent knowledge of EYFS curriculum
• Recent teaching experience in EYFS
• Knowledge of current UK curriculum developments
• Evidence of outstanding practice in teaching and learning
• An understanding and interest of students working in a second language
• High expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge students
• Ability to adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
• Demonstrated accurate and productive use of assessment
• Effective behaviour management strategies
• Willingness to initiate and be involved in school activities
• Outstanding references
• A positive and enthusiastic approach to personal and professional development
• Inclusion skills and strategies to support educational differences in the classroom
• Commitment to being an excellent team player
• Demonstrated excellent relationships with students, parents and staff