The Arbours Primary Academy is now recruiting for an EYFS Class Teacher. This role at The Arbours Academy could be the ideal next step in your career.
About our academy
The Arbours Primary Academy is a vibrant, 2 form entry primary school located in Northampton who are looking to appoint an excellent class teacher with a passion for ensuring the best for the children they teach.
At The Arbours Primary Academy we are a happy and skilled close-knit team of teachers and support staff who work together to achieve the best outcomes for our pupils. Staff here are all encouraged to be ambitious, develop their careers and we aim to provide personalised, professional development to suit the needs of the individual.
About the role
To carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with the academy's policies under the direction of the Headteacher.
To be an effective professional who demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge, can teach and assess effectively, take responsibility for professional development and has pupils who achieve well.
Full time teaching hours, permanent position
Salary & Benefits
Access to Teachers’ Pension Scheme
An excellent provision for your professional development and Leadership Development programme
Who we are looking for
- Experience of teaching in KS1 or KS2
- Demonstrable evidence of high standards of class teaching
- Practical understanding of effective teaching and evaluation strategies
- OFSTED awareness
- Awareness of current developments in Education and the implications of these
- Understanding of effective assessment and target setting procedures
- Understanding of inclusion and personalised learning
- Competent in the use of ICT
- Team working skills
- Effective and adaptable communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to promote and develop a vision for high quality education, promoting inclusion, spiritual, moral and cultural development
- A desire to allow each child the opportunity to fulfil their potential, both academically and on a personal level
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and raising achievement for all
- A willingness to provide extra-curricular activities in line with the school’s commitment to an extended and enriched curriculum
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
The Arbours Primary Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.