The British School of Alicante, an Inspired and King’s School, is seeking to appoint an EYFS teacher to join us on a permanent basis in August 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an outstanding school that is looking to further improve the quality of the experiences our pupils experience from Pre-Nursery to Reception. If you are passionate about creating independent, internationally minded and curious pupils, teaching mixed attainment groups and see no ceiling on each individual’s learning then we’d love to hear from you! An eagerness to contribute to the wider life of the College is essential. This position IS SUITABLE for NQT/ECTs.
The successful candidate will:
- be an inspiring, creative and passionate practitioner whose practice is rooted in Quality First Teaching and will share our belief in the importance of supporting and developing the whole child.
- share and demonstrate a belief in the Inspired approach to education where academic performance, sporting opportunities and creative arts are given equal status throughout a child’s school experience.
- have Qualified Teacher Status and be familiar with teaching and planning from the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum and assessing against the same.
- have experience of successfully teaching across a Primary school and will be able to demonstrate the value they have added to the outcomes of pupils under their care;
- demonstrate high standards in all aspects of their professional life.
- be excited by the prospect of working for a school judged under the BSO framework to be “outstanding in all areas” and explain what they can bring to that environment.
- be able to adapt teaching methods to support and drive the progress of pupils whose first language may not be English.
- be a dedicated team player, with a “can-do” attitude who contributes positively to the general working environment and possesses an eagerness to contribute to the wider life of the school including enrichment and extracurricular activities.
- be a reflective practitioner with a keen interest in their own personal and professional development and enthusiasm for participating in CPD and peer learning opportunities.
- be fluent in English and demonstrate highly articulate spoken, written & technical language.
- share our strong pastoral ethos and be able to demonstrate a commitment to pastoral care and the crucial role all staff play in developing the “whole” child.
- King’s College Alicante, Primary School
- King’s College Alicante was founded almost twenty years ago and quickly became the most sought after and successful school in the area.
“Inspiring Academic Excellence Across 5 Continents”
A definitive statement of excellence in private education, Inspired is a co-educational, non- denominational, independent school group designed to inspire students to achieve their maximum potential in a nurturing, progressive academic environment from ages 3 months to 18 yrs.
Inspired offers a fresh and contemporary approach to education by re-evaluating traditional teaching methods and curriculums, and creating a more dynamic, relevant and powerful model reflecting current attitudes. We nurture the unique individuality, talent and self-assurance of each student, equipping them to take on the world with the skills and confidence to ensure success.
Our current portfolio of 70+ schools currently operates across Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America, with quick ongoing expansion foreseen. The group has grown exponentially since its founding 7 years ago and offers a unique opportunity to join a connected global community obsessed with a dedication to excellence.
HOW TO APPLY
Please follow the TES link to put forward your application to join our School. For safer recruitment purposes we can only accept applications on the official school application form. Please also attach a supporting statement clearly outlining why you are interested in our school and the specific vacancy. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 8th December 2021 at 9am (Spain time).
First-round telephone or online interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the Inspired Recruitment Event in January 2022 - further details are provided below.
THE INSPIRED RECRUITMENT EVENT IN JANUARY 2022
Because we take so much care in selecting great teachers to join us, and we know that often decisions to join a school or potentially move countries should be done with proper consideration, we will be looking to invite any candidate who applies and is shortlisted to a recruitment event, hosted in our London School, Fulham.
This event will take place over the 08th and 09th January 2022 and will be hosted by a number of our top international Headteachers and Principals.
At this event, we will provide the opportunity for candidates to ask questions to experts about any visa or relocation processes, the curriculum or anything other questions they may have as part of the joining process.
Applicants who attend are expected to bring along official identification to the event.
Inspired are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and if successful you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles and values of our organization.
Any successful applications will also be required to undergo rigorous child protection screening including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check as well as completing any relevant safeguarding assessments
Equal Opportunities Statement
Inspired Education is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by law.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Inspired makes hiring decisions based solely the skills, experiences and attributes needed to continue to deliver excellence
King’s Group is an international education organisation. We own and operate a network of private British international schools and UK Academies, and complement this with services providing children’s Academic Year Abroad programmes and S...