Wellington College China Recruitment Open Day
21st and 22nd January 2018
We would like to welcome you to discover all that Wellington College has to offer:
- Meet the Masters of Wellington College China Schools
- Find out about life in China
1. General role description:
- To teach pupils in the age range 2-5 years.
- To maintain awareness of, and to adhere to, all school policies and procedures, and to share collective responsibility for their implementation.
2. Professional Knowledge and Understanding
- Have a range of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies and know how to use and adapt them, including how to personalise learning and provide opportunities for all learners to achieve their potential.
- Understand how pupils develop and that the progress and well-being of learners are affected by a range of developmental, social, religious, ethnic, cultural and linguistic influences. Know how to make effective personalised provision for the pupils including those for whom English is an additional language, and how to apply diversity and promote equality and inclusion in teaching.
- Know how to identify and support pupils whose progress, development or well-being is affected by changes or difficulties in their personal circumstances, and when to refer them to colleagues for specialist support.
3. Professional Skills and Attributes
Safeguard pupils’ wellbeing in school and on authorised school activities elsewhere.
- Plan and teach lessons and sequences of lessons that are well organised, demonstrating secure subject knowledge, and relevant to curricula across the age and ability range.
- Use a range of teaching strategies and resources including e-learning, taking practical of diversity and promoting equality and inclusion.
- Provide opportunities for learners to develop their literacy, Numeracy and ICT skills
- Provide homework to sustain learner’s progress and consolidate their learning.
- Make effective use of a range of assessment, monitoring and recording strategies. Use Tapestry to effectively monitor pupils’ progress over time.
- Provide, accurate and constructive feedback on learner’s attainment, progress and areas for development.
- Support and guide learners to reflect on their learning, identify progress they have made and identify their emerging learning needs.
- To have high expectations of pupils and a commitment to ensuring that they can achieve their full educational potential and to establishing fair, respectful, trusting, supportive and constructive relationships with them.
- To act upon advice and feedback and to be open to coaching and mentoring.
- Establish a purposeful and safe learning environment conductive to learning and identify opportunities for learners to learn in and out of school contexts.
- Establish a clear framework for classroom discipline to manage learners’ behaviour constructively and promote their self-control and independence.
- Work as a team member and identify opportunities for working with colleagues, sharing the development of effective practice with them.
- Ensure colleagues working with you are appropriately involved in supporting learning and understand the roles they are expected to fulfill.
- Advise and cooperate with staff on the preparation and delivery of courses of study, teaching materials and programmes, methods of teaching and assessments and pastoral arrangements.
Required Qualifications / Skills:
a) A relevant degree and professional teaching qualification is essential
b) A passion for the subject and a desire to share this with as wide a range of students as possible
c) Experience in designing and delivering progressive design and technology curricula
d) Knowledge of Early Years’ curricula, EYFS and Early Learning Goals ELG), or their equivalent, their delivery and assessment
e) Fluency in written and spoken English to enable effective communication within working relationships
f) Puts the wellbeing of the student at the heart of what they do and can demonstrate how they will support the development of the school’s values, mission and vision.
g) Experience of using technology in education is desirable
ITFCP Statement of Commitment
Please note this position is subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure. Wellington College International Tianjin is committed to equality and diversity. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The completed application form, together with a letter of introduction and an up-to-date CV, including the names and contact details of three referees, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.