We are looking for an Early Years Teaching Assistant to join our experienced, forward-thinking Early Years team serving a richly diverse community. We are committed to a child-centred approach and have successfully embedded a Planning in the Moment approach. Our well-resourced, creative learning environment develops children as independent learners.
We are looking for candidates who:
- have previous experience of teaching in Early Years
- demonstrate strong knowledge of the Early Years curriculum
- share an understanding of the importance of a child-centred approach to learning
- display a willingness to foster and develop home-school links
- have enthusiasm, motivation and creativity!
- will contribute positively to our school community
- will support and uphold the Christian ethos of our school.
In return we can offer:
- children who are hardworking and proud to be part of our school community
- a welcoming, enthusiastic and caring staff team committed to providing the best outcomes for our children
- a connected curriculum approach to learning which focuses on developing children’s skills, knowledge and understanding through purposeful activities
- induction for all and excellent opportunities for professional development
- a supportive Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body who are committed to developing the leaders of the future
- the opportunity to work with colleague across the borough through the Brixton Learning Collaborative and the Southwark Diocese of Education
- access to employee benefits through the Health Assurance Programme
Our school is set in a large traditional Victorian building in the heart of Lambeth, the cultural hub of London. Our school is small and because of this we know every child and we can fulfil our aim to help every child be the best they can be. Our location brings the possibility of world leading teaching assets on your doorstep. Furthermore, our school, the Borough of Lambeth and the Southwark Diocese of Education offer high quality, tailored Induction, CPD and career development opportunities.
We are focused on creating a vibrant community where every person makes their contribution to creating a better society. Our vision is of a joyful place where children are empowered to explore their potential through educational excellence within an environment of spiritual growth and wellbeing.
Please read the full job description and person specification which you can download at the bottom of this listing.
To arrange a visit or request an application pack call us on 020 7735 4898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application documents are also available to download via the school website www.stjohn.lambeth.sch.uk.
Applications close: Monday 2nd September 2019
Shortlisting: Wednesday 4th September 2019
Interviews: Week beginning 9th September 2019
The Governors and staff of St John the Divine Church of England Primary School are fully committed to safeguarding the children the school community and all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
St John the Divine Church of England Primary School
Warham Street, London SE5 0SX
Further details about the school can be found on our website www.stjohn.lambeth.sch.uk and on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Headteacher: Catherine Warland