EYFS/Year 1 Class Teacher - North Somerset Number on Roll: 80
Salary MPS/UPS/Enhanced Salary Possibilities
Contract type: Full Time only
Closing date: 9 a.m. Monday, 24th February 2020
Interview date: Thursday, 27th February 2020
We are a friendly, ambitious primary school with 80 hard working and enthusiastic children on roll ranging from 4 - 11 years old. We are looking for an exceptional EYFS/Year 1 class teacher to join us from September 2020.
The ideal EYFS/Year 1 class teacher is:
• dynamic, enthusiastic and talented, willing to go the extra mile for the children
• a real team player, versatile and ready to sign up to school priorities
• confident to take the lead and show initiative
• someone who thrives on hard work, is comfortable under pressure and pays attention to detail
• someone who is passionate about making a difference and committed to providing a caring, nurturing environment, sympathetic to our Christian Values
• someone with a growth mind-set, who welcomes challenge and is committed to improving their practice on a daily basis, so that our children can achieve their best both academically and socially
• someone who has a sound understanding of the National Curriculum and Assessment for Learning
• someone who embeds excellent communication skills across the school community, establishing strong foundations with parents, children and all stakeholders.
In return, we can offer:
• excellent professional development as part of the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership, a large successful multi-academy trust able to offer training and development opportunities
• wonderful children who are keen to share their learning
• a friendly and supportive team of colleagues who are passionate about their work and who foster a motivational, exciting and immersive teaching and learning environment.
Dundry Primary has an ambitious school improvement agenda. We have a strong focus on the basics in reading, writing and maths as well as challenging our more able pupils in all areas. We value the enriching curriculum opportunities we provide and we offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities. In short, we invest in creating meaningful opportunities for our young people, their families and the wider community.
To support the vision of Dundry Primary School further and in order to rapidly move forward with our school priorities there may be an opportunity for an enhanced salary for the right candidate. This would need further discussion by telephoning or visiting the school and at the interview process.
If you think this role is for you then we would like to hear from you. Visits are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged. Please telephone or email us if you would like to come and look around the school. School contact is Michelle Parsons, Executive Headteacher - Telephone 0117 964 7181.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. Please ensure there are no gaps in chronology when completing the application form.