About the Alpha Plus Group
The Alpha Plus Group - formerly Davies, Laing and Dick Education Group - was founded in 1931 and currently comprises independent schools and colleges. The schools and colleges within the group have developed a longstanding reputation for delivering premium quality education. Alpha Plus Group, owned by Delancey's DV4 fund, creates centres of educational excellence in our schools and Colleges.
The Centres of Excellence
Each centre retains is own identity, with the Heads and Principals afforded significant management authority, but with the benefits of financial security, camaraderie and opportunities for sharing best practice by belonging to one of the country's leading educational groups.
About Davenport Lodge
Davenport Lodge has been delivering Early Years Education since 1968. The nursery school aims to provide a supportive and structured environment in which children, as they develop from babies, are encouraged to recognise their individuality, efforts and achievements as happy and secure individuals in an emotionally and physically safe learning and social environments.
We are currently looking for a career minded and enthusiastic Senior Nursery Nurse to join our team.
Your duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Managing a team of staff
- Working in ratio. This will involve but is not restricted to the following:
- teaching all areas of the foundation stage
- perform observations, assessments and recordings of children's development
- interacting and supporting children in a positive way to foster their enthusiasm for learning
- Supporting planning and smooth running of all aspects of the nursery sessions, assessments and record keeping
- Informing parents about children’s progress
- Supporting the Headmistress with staff supervisions and reviews. Ensuring staff are familiar with the contents of the sessions and clear about their support roles and responsibilities
- Perform Health & Safety checks of the premises on a daily basis in conjunction with the Deputy EYFS Coordinator.
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards and policies is an advantage but not essential.
- Any additional duties associated with the provision of activities for children and/or the good management of the School at the discretion of the Headmistress.
Teaching, with under 3s should be a passion for you and to be considered for this position you must hold a nursery nursing qualification in Child Care and Education with at least a Level 4 or a foundation or honours degree in Early Years Education or equivalent Early Years qualifications as well as a minimum of two years' experience as a qualified nursery nurse/teacher within a supervisory position and have Disclosure & Barring Service clearance. Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation stage is essential.
What is important is your ability to interact and support children in a positive way to foster their enthusiasm for learning, and to have the skills and maturity required to take on this role.
A salary of £21,000 - £23,000 per annum is offered to the successful candidate depending on qualifications and experience. The position is 40 hours per week, working between 7:45-6:00pm, Monday to Friday and can be full time or term time only (with salary pro-rated). We offer a discount on fees for employees’ babies (0-3 yrs). Holiday entitlement is 5-6 weeks per year with the option to secure a two week Christmas break using our holiday sacrifice scheme. Further information will be provided at interview.
The Alpha Plus Group and Davenport Lodge Nursery School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an employee you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff within APG Schools and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
The closing date for applications is 20th September 2019.
Interviews will take place on 25th September 2019.
Please apply via the following link.