FACILITIES AND SITE MANAGER
Salary: SET Grade 9 (£32,234 to £36,922 pro rata)
(pro rata salary approx. £16,117 - £18,461)
Working hours: 18.5 hours working full year
Contract type: Permanent
Application deadline: Friday 29th January 2021 at 9am
Interview date: Week commencing 1st February 2021
Required: February 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter
The Shaw Education Trust are seeking to appoint an experienced and practical Facilities and Site Manager to support The Westleigh School based in Leigh, Greater Manchester. You will be an integral part of the school team ensuring the security and general appearance of the school buildings and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards and legal frameworks.
This is a unique opportunity for a dedicated and motivated individual to work within a school site with buildings spanning from the 1930s up to 2000s. You will be based on school site supervising a small team of caretaking staff, holding regular team meetings and undertaking relevant and appropriate training. You will plan and prioritise your own workload and be able to provide adequate cover for holiday, out of school hours and emergency call out where required.
Key responsibilities of the post include:
• Manage, monitor and record readings as appropriate for essential services, e.g. gas, oil water, electricity etc.
• To assist and advise the Principal and Business Manager in relation to matters relating to energy and conservation.
• Ensure that plant and equipment is adequately maintained including the regular testing and maintenance of electrical equipment.
• Review and maintain records of plant and equipment maintenance, tests, fire evaluation drills, fire officer inspections and fire extinguisher maintenance.
• Ensure the first aid requirements for the premises are formally assessed and adequate provision is made.
Reporting to the Business Manager you will be responsible for the Health and Safety for the school site, managing and organising a wide range of facilities and services to the school in order to provide a safe, welcoming environment for students, staff, parents and visitors. You will ideally have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a maintenance role, preferably in a similar environment, coupled with having worked for at least two years in a managerial or senior supervisory capacity. You should have appropriate knowledge of Health and Safety and Fire Safety law and regulation.
A driving licence is also necessary. You should have excellent interpersonal skills, be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work to provide an excellent service to all staff and students. The role will involve the operation of machinery and some physical work.
The hours of work will be 18.5 hours per week, on a full year basis. We offer a local authority pension scheme and a generous holiday allowance.
The Westleigh School is committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening including an Enhanced DBS check.
Application forms should be emailed to email@example.com
The Westleigh School
Leigh, Wigan WN7 5NL
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years