Support Services Assistant (Facilities Assistant)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Support Services Assistant to join our Facilities team.
As a Support Services Assistant you will provide excellent customer service to the business when undertaking the day to day facilities requests and ensuring the building is maintained to a high standard.
You will be responsible for the maintenance, cleaning and security of the site and building in accordance with health and safety standards.
You will be required to support Ambitious about Autism and its staff by providing housekeeping and facilities services during the day.
A general day to day may include some of the following:
- ensuring that the staff room area is kept tidy, loading and unloading dishwashers, checking fridges for out of date items, wiping surfaces, cleaning appliances as needed and ensuring stocks of consumables and crockery etc are maintained
- cleaning duties including toilets (male, female and pupil), kitchen, staff rooms and other areas of the building
- carrying out reactive and planned maintenance tasks when required
- managing the flow of pupil transport in the car park
- supervising and escorting external contractors and agency personnel in accordance with the Ambitious about Autism safeguarding policy.
Working pattern: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, between 9am-6pm
Be extraordinary, join us in making the ordinary possible for young people
For further details of how you can make a difference and find out what we have to offer please see the attached recruitment pack.
How to apply
To apply please send us your CV and covering letter along with the completed equality monitoring form by Monday 31 July 2017, only direct applications will be considered. Interviews will commence shortly after the closing date.
Closing Date: Monday 31 July 2017
Ambitious about Autism is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role as detailed under the person specification.
If you would like to come and visit us, have any recruitment related questions or would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may need as part of your application, please email or call Faima Begum in our Recruitment Team.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Please note we have not engaged any agencies to work on this role and only direct applications will be considered.