Lodge Park Academy is now recruiting for a Facilities Management Caretaker. This role could be the ideal next step in your career.
About the role
To be responsible for the maintenance and security of the academy premises and site, ensuring a safe environment.
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Permanent role.
Salary & Benefits
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
- 30 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
Who we are looking for
- Working at or towards national occupational standards (NOS) for facilities management and or knowledge / skills equivalent to current national qualifications level 3
- Knowledge of policies and procedures for security, alarm systems, health and safety, minor repairs & maintenance, supervision of contract, cleaning staff
- Knowledge and expertise in minor maintenance and repair
- Competent and responsible for the security of the academy premises and designated key holder for the locking and unlocking of premises
- Competent and responsible on occasions for handling small amounts of cash e.g. to purchase materials for emergency repairs
- Competent in the exchange of information with academy staff, external contractors (for repairs and maintenance)
- Experienced in dealing with and positively motivating contract staff
- Responsible for and experienced in dealing with regular system inspections such as heating and security; and the organisation of emergency repairs or decisions on planned maintenance
- Proven experience in decision making regarding planned maintenance and ensuring a safe and healthy environment for staff and pupils
- Proven responsibility for both ordering stock and the stock control of designated equipment and materials
- Requirement to operate and use tools and equipment and to undertake general porterage duties
- Requirement to undertake tasks both indoors and outdoors which may include cleaning, minor repairs in toilet areas; dealing with spillages, waste collection etc.
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose.
Lodge Park Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants