This is an exciting time at the Aylesbury Vale Academy, an all-through Academy taking students from nursery right up to the 6th Form. In our new state of the art buildings, the academy is now set on a course of significant growth in an area of the country which is itself seeing a period of significant development.
Responsibilities of the Site Manager will be across the entire premises including some extensive sports facilities and a dedicated community area. The effective working of all systems in the school including the equipment dedicated for curriculum use is crucial at this time when the Academy is deploying a key improvement and development strategy.
The Facilities Manager must be ruthless in a direct and pro-active approach to ensuring that all systems are working, the school environment is safe and the school meets its statutory responsibilities.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the responsibilities of the Facilities Manager will encompass:
• Effective and consistent operation of the outsourced maintenance contract together with an effective programme of capital works when required.
• Effective and efficient liaison with the outsourced caretaking team. • Effective and pro-active liaison with the cleaning contractor. • Maintaining the site asset register and implementing the asset management plan.
• Seeking to maximise energy efficiency and adoption of sustainable waste management.
• Ensuring that the operation of all systems and all procedures across the site including those followed by the curriculum departments are in accordance with the latest guidance, policies and current legislation in respect of Health and Safety at work and in schools.
• Ensuring effective grounds maintenance.
• Ensuring that the site is safe and secure for students and staff at all times.
The successful candidate will have relevant, recent experience of working with plant and equipment in a similar sized facility, good knowledge and experience of Health and Safety requirements, good organisation and budget management skills, the ability to work under pressure to meet targets as well as good skills in leading and motivating teams and the ability to be adaptable and flexible to meet the Academy needs.
Further details are provided in the job description and person specification
Closing date: Noon, 21 July 2017
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People. You will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.