37 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
Grade 7 (SCP 27-31) - £31,346 - £34,728
Start Date – ASAP
Tapton School Academy Trust is looking to appoint a Facilities Manager to work alongside the central Trust Facilities team and support Forge Valley School.
Our vision is to ‘realise the life chances and dreams of every child.’ We work collaboratively to provide inspirational and transformative provision for all our learners, and with the aim of becoming an outstanding Trust.
We are a thriving and diverse Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) of 9 schools in Sheffield, 5 primary and 4 secondary, and responsible for the education of over 7,500 learners from 2 to 18. Each of our schools has its own distinctive ethos and identity that compliments the communities that we serve.
Forge Valley School is an 11-18 Academy sponsored by Tapton School Academy Trust. Our school ethos is founded on the principal that ambition and endeavour are key components in achieving success. Currently serving around 1350 pupils, our new, purpose-built learning environment has excellent facilities to help us deliver our curriculum.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and motivated Facilities Manager to join the Academy Trust and support a state of the art large secondary school. We are seeking someone who is practical, motivated, uses their initiative and is an inspirational leader to support the ongoing development of the site based Facilities team.
We are looking for a Facilities Manager who is:
• organised an excellent communicator and have experience of line managing teams effectively.
• able to resolve complex issues efficiently and effectively with a broad knowledge of DIY / Repairs and maintenance.
• passionate and motivated with an excellent work ethic to provide the best site for our students
• innovative and ready to support a site that is well-kept and organised
• an individual who can develop and implement systems/procedures as well as maintain current ones
• experienced in health and safety and premises compliance
• able to contribute to projects and schedules within Forge Valley and across the wider Trust
• proficient in using MS office including Word, Excel and Outlook
• flexible in your working patterns and willing to go the extra mile to ensure the site is maintained to the best possible standard.
We can offer:
• Staff with a vision of excellence for the future
• Children who love learning and want to achieve
• A well-resourced and stimulating environment
• A strong emphasis on teamwork
• High quality CPD opportunities
• Experience of working with the Trust facilities team and in other Trust schools
Tapton School Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For further information please see the school and Trust websites
For applications via the TES website.
For any queries:
Lorna Jennings – PA to Headteacher, Forge Valley School, Wood Lane, Sheffield, S6 5HG, Telephone: 0114 234 8805
Closing Date – Thursday 24th June @ 4pm
Shortlisting – Monday 28th June
Interview date – Friday 2nd July 2021
Forge Valley School